Questions (What are Northern Inuits like as pets) Questions

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Lucy1, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luz

Luz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Why are you still off topic?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. sutty

sutty New Member

Name:
    sue
    i cant disagree with you there, but these are the people we should steer clear of. Since I came to Ireland, its amazed me how many people I have met who claim to know someone with a full blood wolf lol, one man was advertising his white gsdx Husky pups as wolf hybrids:-(
  4. sutty

sutty New Member

Name:
    sue
    And the same can be said for every breed of dog under the sun.
  5. Zuba

Zuba New Member

Name:
    Donna
    Sorry to be a pain :blush: However, I took the advice of some and looked for answers from the NIS website, there JK says herself that "it is impossible to say" that there is no wolf content in the NI and that it remains an unanswered question, "is there or isn't there?". I understand why you wouldn't want it to be thought of that there was wolf content and so I have to ask if you feel this is responsible advertising? (anyone can view it with a quick search)
  6. Luz

Luz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    I have no idea why this thread has been allowed to last this long going totally off topic????
    Strange eh?
  7. Zuba

Zuba New Member

Name:
    Donna
    Sorry Luz, I do not believe I am off topic, I am asking about the history of the NI in order to get to the bottom off the health and temperament of the breed, if in fact there is wolf content within the NI then the unpredictability factor goes up, I am just trying to ascertain if there is any wolf or not.
  8. sutty

sutty New Member

Name:
    sue
    Impossible to say because the original imported dogs were supposed to be low content wolf dogs, no secret, we published that on here first, i would say no, because to me, the dogs looked like GSd crosses, thats my personal opinion, and unless eddie had documentation proving otherwise, I stand by my convictions.
  9. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    The difference is that both my breeds were developed hundreds of years ago before there were adequate recording facilities i.e. not a lot of people could read and write, however, the NI is a brand new creation within the last 25 years or so so there really is no excuse for there not to be a fully comprehensive and documentated history!
    Becky
  10. Luz

Luz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    My god Donna long time no see! :)

Yes they make great pets! :) ;) Mine dont look a bit like a wolf and act like total normal dogs. Wolf content?? Well dont all dogs.
    Evolution and we were fish once! :lol:
  11. sutty

sutty New Member

Name:
    sue
    Oh god, I was convinced i was a monkey, no comments please lol:grin:
  12. Luz

Luz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    We were that after the fish! :) We crawled out of the sea. Arent we clever? Some of us anyway ;)
  13. Stormey

Stormey New Member

Name:
    Phill
    As an impartial observer I think this thread is going round in circles and is doing no one from either side any good. So why not call it a day. :)
  14. Luz

Luz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Ok Phill ..... A day! :)
  15. Zuba

Zuba New Member

Name:
    Donna
    Hi Luz, good to see that some of the people I remember having some right good laughs with are still about :lol: You know me I would never put your dogs down, some seem to think I would :roll: I just have asked questions not got answers and so went looking for some and came up more confused :smt017 I will have a catch up in the other thread about old members ;-)

Have to say that having looked at the NIS website further I found this which made it all the more confusing:

"The Northern Inuit dog was created in the UK some 20 years ago, using northern breeds ie: the Malamute and Husky and adding the GSD for trainability."

I would say I would tend to believe what you say Sutty, that there is no wolf content, I too believe they resemble the GSD in size and stature but have the colouring of the sibe/mal.
  16. Luz

Luz New Member

Name:
    Laura

I do remember the good laughs we had Donna in the chat room, god that seems like years ago. Are you ok? How are the dogs?

You look gorgeous, where have you been?

The NI doesnt have any wolf content now, Pod on here is a great genetic person on giving the content of wolf in domestic dogs. I wish I could find her posts.
    We all love wolves and as some of our dogs resemble the wolf we feel proud of that.
    I dont think thats anyone's fault other than like when you see a Sib or Mal that has a certain look, I think Wow, so wolfy looking.
  17. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    So a Malamute is a Malamute regardless to whether it is from the US or the UK.............................??
  18. Malady

Malady

Name:
    T
    Of course it is !

ALL Malamutes originate from dogs which originally came from Alaska to Canada or the states, so the dogs here in the UK all decend from Alaska somewhere down the line !

They are not UK mals here and American or Canadian Mals over the pond !
  19. Luz

Luz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Ah - ha somewhere is the magic word! Somewhere along the line!

Like all dogs T. Descend from SOMEWHERE! :grin:
  20. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private

With all due respect when I put that American link on ref Malamutes you pretty much said it was irrelevant becuase it was an American site, did I miss understand? And I am actually quite interested in Malamutes because I do like them.
  21. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie

I think that was because there are health issues in US malamutes which we do not have - Mals are more numerically popular over there and so more are bred so the health issues showed up there - we have therefore avoided the lines with problems - some of the problems mentioned on the US site certainly have not as yet shown up in UK Malamutes :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.