Raw food Questions

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by Shaz72, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Shaz72

Shaz72 New Member

Name:
    Sharon

Raw food

Hi my names sharon I’m new on here
    I’ve got a 9 week French bulldog named Stan and I’m having a problem with his poop
    He’s on salmon and rice raw puppy food and I can’t get his poop to be solid, also it is always full of rice .
    Do I take him off it all together and give him dry food ???
    He has been on the raw food for 5 days. Please help
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hello Sharon - firstly, welcome to you and Stan to Breedia from Tikva and me :039:

You say Stan is having salmon and rice raw puppy food - what make/brand of food are you feeding him, is it a ready-made or dehydrated food, or are you cooking it yourself?

I have been a raw feeder since the middle of 2011, mainly the BARF diet, feeding raw meat, vegetables and bones, not bought in ready-made food, so if you have any questions I will do my best to help you if I can. :)
  4. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    CaroleC likes this.
    How long have you had him. At nine weeks, I'm guessing at most a week. The loose stools could well be a bit of tummy upset with all the recent changes. I wouldn't chop and change the food until he has had a chance to settle in.

His whole world has been turned upside down - give him a little time
  5. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    I’d suggest adding some pumpkin to his food. Not pumpkin pie filling, but just pumpkin, which you should be able to find in a can
  6. peterbowen

peterbowen New Member

Name:
    pn2478
    hi, our girl and mum don't agree with salmon, but we feed her a raw complete now without the salmon, try facebook for groups like primal raw. they have really good selection of foods.