Really Big Boy General Chat

Discussion in 'Bichon Frise' started by Shawn P, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Shawn P

Shawn P New Member

Name:
    Shawn Grimes

Really Big Boy

Having recently seen a couple of friends Bichons, I'm starting to realize that my Conner is crazy big. Does anyone else have a 30lb Bichon? He's very muscular and get's plenty of exercise being outside chasing after his very athletic Labradoodle best friend.

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Sorry to say but that looks like a Bichon x Poodle to me.
  4. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    What a stunning looking dog you have !
    Weights of dogs can be confusing, there are lots of charts on line.
    They are usually quite accurate if you have a pedigree dog, one you start to get dogs that are mixed with other breeds it’s literally anybody’s guess
    Firstly, do you have paperwork from a breeder to confirm he is a pedigree
    Secondly, what does your vet think
    I hold my breathe as I say this as I don’t want to offend, but, if he is a pedigree, from the little research I did before replying I would say he is overweight
    This is only my opinion and I am not an expert by any stretch, I commented only to give you some pointers
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    All the more to cuddle!
    To the best of my knowledge there is no stated weight in the Bichon Frisé Standard, - just a height guide of 11 - 13 inches at the shoulder. The Standard is a blueprint in words of the ideal specimen, and it is common for puppies to fall to one side or the other of this ideal. Having said that, Connor does look to be a big lad. Did you see his parents? If not, it could be that he had large parents, (non-showing toy breeders tend to like larger bitches, for obvious reasons), or, as has already been suggested, he could be the result of a misalliance! Whatever the reason, he sounds very happy and healthy, and is probably much fitter than his tiny friends too.
  6. Kathie Dolce

Kathie Dolce New Member

Name:
    Kathie
    I my beloved big Bichon girl recently died. She was always 25-27 pounds and about 13-14" tall, 18" neck to tail. Her daddy was quite large, about 30 pounds and her mama was small. Both of her parents were registered, purebred Bichons. I did not register Maisy, and have since lost her papers. I would love to adopt another big Bichon, but I know they are scarce, especially as they don't fit breed show standards. If anyone out there can help me find puppy or young adult who is bigger than the average, I'd love to make a connection.

Attached Files:

7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Maisy looks a sweetie. I hope you manage to find your larger Bichon. It might be worth worth asking the Breed Club.
  8. Kathie Dolce

Kathie Dolce New Member

Name:
    Kathie
    CaroleC likes this.
    Thanks, Carole!
  9. Kathie Dolce

Kathie Dolce New Member

Name:
    Kathie
    Shawn P, may I ask where you got your big boy? Perhaps that breeder will have a pup for me!
  10. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    GsdSlave likes this.
    The original poster of this thread, Shawn P, does not appear to have been back since the day of the original post
  11. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    Another one post wonder, I don’t get why they bother to post.
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Maybe they get the answer/s they want, or maybe they do not like the answer/s they get.

Who knows? :102: