Rescue Remedy Questions

Discussion in 'Miniature Schnauzer' started by suey, Jun 25, 2014.

1. suey

suey New Member

Name:
    Sue

Rescue Remedy

Have any of you ever used rescue remedy on your dog? We went on a day trip on Sunday and Lexi had what seemed like a panic attack she was panting heavily (sides going in and out really fast and rasping noises) it wasn't the heat as we had the aircon on and the car was really cool we took her for a short walk and stopped in a shady wooded area for about 20 minutes she was still panting but not so frantic so we decided to go home about 10 minutes down the road she calmed down and went to sleep ..We are going on holiday shortly and don't want her to get so worked up again so we were wondering if Rescue Remedy might help in this situation any answers would be appreciated...Sue
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Yes - I use it sometimes for Pereg. If you do get some please make sure it is the one for pets, not the human one which contains alcohol.
  4. suey

suey New Member

Name:
    Sue
    Oh thanks for that Malka I just thought it was one type...
  5. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    suey likes this.
    i work in a kennels and we have a few cats and dogs that come in with it as owners want us to give it them.
  6. suey

suey New Member

Name:
    Sue
    Thank you Katy..
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    What is Lexi normally like in the car and/or going on trips? I have two different types of calming/anti-anxiety pills for Pereg as well as Rescue Remedy as she is epileptic and sometimes needs calming down if she gets over-excited.

[I love her name - my Angel Little One's name was Lexi - I have difficulty in saying it which is why I always call her Little One]
  8. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Has she been on similar trips Sue? It might be that it was new, and she needs to get used to such trips.