ridgeback hind leg acl(ccl) injury Questions

Discussion in 'Rhodesian Ridgeback' started by dave9585, Dec 5, 2020.

1. dave9585

dave9585 New Member

Name:
    dave

ridgeback hind leg acl(ccl) injury

hello,
    We are trying to find advice on our dogs hind leg ACL injury. In dogs I believe it is called a ccl. We did some off-lead high activity, and afterward found our dog was limping. Vet visit said to low activity for a month , we did for 2 months. Recently took back to vet as right hind leg was on and off limping. Vet did a anesthetized exam and x-ray and said TPLO surgery is recommended.

Very expensive surgery locally. Are there any clinics that offer a discount? Love this dog, we are two seniors. Any suggestions would help. Dave
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. dave9585

dave9585 New Member

Name:
    dave
    Here is Monty. No ridge but an incredible hunter, but a loves his family. Any experience or suggestions about ACL repair would be helpful.
    dave
    PS he was a rescue from our local humane society about 3 years ago. We knew nothing about ridgebacks and they had him listed as a retriever mix. Incredible loving personality and so smart!

Attached Files:

4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Not much financial help with vet bills in the UK. There are PDSA clinics, but they are only in certain areas, my non-earner daughter lives in a semi rural area and has never been able to get any help with her vet bills.
  5. dave9585

dave9585 New Member

Name:
    dave
    hi carole, thanks for the reply. I guess I was thinking of a different way to solve the problem than surgery. Braces, etc? Not many places in US assist with vet bills either. thanks, dave