Romany Bulldog Discussions

Discussion in 'Bull Breeds Forum' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Malady

Malady

Name:
    T
    I've just been reading through this thread with interest, as I have never heard of them !

I'm now confused, I thought they were Romany Bulldogs, not Romany Staffs ? :?

Are they one and the same breed, or different breeds, and if so, what is the difference ?

I've looked, but can't find anything to suggest the reason for creating this breed, does anyone know ?

They look like APBTs or Crosses IMO !
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Callum

Callum New Member

Name:
    Callum
    From what I have been able to understand.
    They are the same, Romany Bull dog OR Romany Stafford.
    As a cross of the 2 I guess its open to either title.

I have no idea as to the reasons for inception, and any bull breed X is seemingly open to the looks of the pit type, imo.

How popular or widespread are these Romany dogs?

Someone has to know, uh? :lol:
  4. Malady

Malady

Name:
    T
    Thanks for that ;)

I'm now wondering about how popular they are too ! I've never seen one, although I've seen many crosses bred to look like Pits, hence many of them looking like these dogs !

I don't understand why anyone would want to creat a dog that resembles a banned breed here ! It's just asking for problems IMO !
  5. chazwaz

chazwaz New Member

Name:
    paula
    yes im a new member and have a romany staffie was told from chap i brought him off that twenty years ago someone put a bulldog over a staffy been on loads of web pages for info and was still confused because he looks like an irish staff or sometimes like staffy head and pit body he is blue very loving great with other dogs and with my kids but has needed firm but fair training still only 14 months old still got some growing to do will put some pics on so you can have a look be interested in peoples comments had a staffy cross before never had a kc reg b4 but one day would love to just love all bully breeds including abpt its so unfair whats happened to that breed because of ignorance and poor owners
  6. Callum

Callum New Member

Name:
    Callum
    Quite agree, and at 14mnths he'll have a good load of filling out I imagine ;-)
    Look fwd to some pics :D
  7. chazwaz

chazwaz New Member

Name:
    paula
    just sent you a reply and have already spoke to you about reg no im not mad just getting the hang of this and remembering whos who lol
  8. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison
    I love bull breed dogs, I've had staffords and ebt, love looking at the pictures, now have Northern Iniut dogs.
  9. chazwaz

chazwaz New Member

Name:
    paula
    hope ive sent these right should have a two pics of reg not very good ones mind you hope to take more soon [​IMG][/IMG]
  10. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison
    no can't see the pictures, something has gone wrong
  11. chazwaz

chazwaz New Member

Name:
    paula
    her is reg a romany bulldog[​IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
  12. Wozzy

Wozzy New Member

Name:
    Leanne
    Are all these crosses of bulldogs and staffies and various other bull breeds just as bad as crossing every other breed with a poodle?

Personally, I dont see what the purpose of them is and to my untrained eye, they all look the same. I think there is far too much breeding of such type dogs in a time when they are getting bad press because they are falling into the wrong hands.
  13. chazwaz

chazwaz New Member

Name:
    paula
  14. chazwaz

chazwaz New Member

Name:
    paula
    [​IMG]
    hi this is reg , finally got photos of him !
  15. chazwaz

chazwaz New Member

Name:
    paula
    reg is a romany staffy and he is my world these photos were took few months ago so was about 14 months old be interested for any comments and if anyone as one love to discuss the breed dont you think he is hansome (well i am bias lol)
  16. sky_high_bluest

sky_high_bluest New Member

Name:
    dave
    hello mate, please don't think I'm having a go, but what makes it a romany staff! and not an Irish staff or just an none kc reg staff!that dog has very little or no bulldog in it at all! so why is this a breed and not just a x breed. please don't get me wrong 2 years ago I bought what was then called an Irish Staff which was then renamed to Irish bull terrier and now if anybody asks I refer to as a Staff, plain and simple! because thats what she is! she maybe slightly longer in the leg but shes just a staff nothing more nothing less! and if you don't mind me saying thats what Reg looks like, a staff. so why do we call our none Kc reg staffs by differant names! well WE don't the Breeders do! if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for little Reg!

he's a lovly dog by the way!
  17. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    One of the explanations is they use different names to mask that some of the dogs are pit bulls or pit crosses.

Another is that they want to seperate themselves from KC staffs as they believe the kc staff has moved away too much from the original staff, and their 'leggier' staffs are closer to the original.

Either way - anyone buying this type of dog should consider that when fully grown it may come under the 'pit bull type' and could be affected by the Dangerous Dogs Act.
  18. Callum

Callum New Member

Name:
    Callum
    So could any bull breed and even some non bull breed tho.
  19. Callum

Callum New Member

Name:
    Callum
    for what its worth, I can see a little Romany in the nose and mid section but tbh predominantly irish staffy looks.
  20. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison
    he is a great looking dog, thanks for sharing the pictures
  21. sky_high_bluest

sky_high_bluest New Member

Name:
    dave
    again please don't think I am having a go! but in what way can you see Rommany in the nose and mid section! again please don't think I'm having a go! I was sold a so called " Irish staff " two years ago. I, have since, got wise romany, Irish, olde tyme, are all just names for a type of staff but are just that STAFFS thats the breed name. I have seen staffs of all types that could have been called any of the above names. you could have a KC reg dog that falls into any of the named types does this make it any less of a dog! NO it doesn't the most important differance between them all is the fact that kc reg dogs can be tested for L2-HGA/HC/PHPV and what a differance! we should all, as lovers of the stafford dog, do our best to breed health happy dogs. I wouldn't change my Saffie for the world now but if I had my time over again I would have gone of a KC health tested dog, it would have been cheaper to buy and cheaper vets bills!! please don't get fooled as I was you can get athletic KC lines who are health tested!

god that turned into a bit of a rant!:shock: sorry! lol