Rotten cold concerns Questions

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by ClaireF, Mar 8, 2019.

?

Vet visit or wait & see

1. Vet

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Wait

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Unsure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ClaireF

ClaireF New Member

Name:
    Claire

Rotten cold concerns

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum & hope to get some advice. My Frenchie Doug has developed a cold recently but I have growing concerns about the volume of reverse sneezing & his general ‘blocked nose’. Loud Snoring & farting have always been prevalent! But definitely worsened in the last few days. His snoring is loud & I can hear that his nasal passage is inflamed. Some sites say it’s common cold & to keep warm/ get on with it, others make me more concerned. He still has a healthy appetite for food & excercise although definitely sleeping more than usual & today he has heaved several times but no vomit. Any comments gratefully received E3BD5DAB-D9EF-4F43-880F-ECF33F3FBB49.jpeg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Jeff Crook

Jeff Crook New Member

Name:
    Jeff
    ClaireF likes this.
    I hope he gets better soon.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Googling will not help - all it will do is tell you sites that will say this, that, and that the moon is made of blue cheese - depending on what you want [or do not] want to hear.

Please take Doug to your vet asap so he can get a proper diagnosis and treatment.
  5. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    The general rule of thumb where vets are concerned. If you have to ask, then it's wise to get them to the vets and let the professionals do their job.

I always look at it that I'd never forgive myself if I waited and then whatever ailed turned serious.

Good luck. Let us know how your boy gets on x
  6. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    GsdSlave and ClaireF like this.
    Yeah, the vets is the most sensible option if you are in any doubt?
    And I know he's ill, but loving the picture too!
  7. ClaireF

ClaireF New Member

Name:
    Claire
    Hello all! So Doug went to the vet today. He started coughing this a.m & then was a bit sick so whizzed him over ASAP. His chest sounded fine but given an anti sickness jab, antibiotics & paracetamol. Back for a check up on wed unless sickness worsens before then. Chicken & rice (happy Doug!) minimised exercise, keep warm & rest. He actually seemed less snotty this afternoon & perkier already. Glad I went & thank you all so much for advice. It was worth the visit, not least to watch Doug pee on the vet scales!!:eek:
  8. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    ClaireF likes this.
    Ha yeah. That embarrassing moment when your dog does his business in the vets. I remember Bronson took a dump in the waiting room once, even though before we left the house he went on the garden!
  9. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    ClaireF likes this.
    Well worth taking him.

The antibiotics should quickly do their thing and he'll soon be back to normal.

Thanks for up-dating us x
  10. ClaireF

ClaireF New Member

Name:
    Claire
    :005: