Rotties' tails -- clipped or not? Controversial

Discussion in 'Rottweiler' started by Brooklyn, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Brooklyn

Brooklyn New Member

Name:
    Brooklyn

Rotties' tails -- clipped or not?

We rescued my Brooklyn at 10/11 weeks. her tail is not clipped so people often say, "That's not a Rottweiler."

First of all Female Rotties don't have the common snub nose. And I try to explain her special situation that by the time she was rescued, she was too old for clipping. And what's the real purpose anyway? I think she looks just fine with it! Any thoughts?

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    I prefer rotties with tails but i think because they have had short tails for such a long time the general public will take time to adjust to it ;-)
  4. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    She does look like a cross Rotweiler, but she's lovely. tail docking is done if the owner wants it done.
  5. TalentedMrRiply

TalentedMrRiply New Member

Name:
    Dean
    She's pretty, has a beautiful coat, so who cares what other people think or say...!

And how lucky she is to have a tail to wag and show you she is happy :)
  6. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    can we have some more photos please? also can I ask what you mean by snub nose? If you like I can post some photos of my lot to let you have some comparison, as docking is no longer done in the uk, people are getting used to seeing rotties with tails, I have to say, I have got quite fond of them with the tails tbh x
  7. Brooklyn

Brooklyn New Member

Name:
    Brooklyn
    By snub nose, I mean how males appear with a traditional short snout and a large round head. It's a term of endearment! I love Rotties!

Here are some more pics of her. Maybe we can guess if/what she may be mixed with?! Since she was a rescue, we really have no breed papers or any other way of knowing! This could be fun!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    can I ask what age she is in these pics? she does look quite fine built, poss some of her markings are more dob than rott but Im not an expert on dobs, with some luck borderdawn can shed some light on that side for us x
  9. Brooklyn

Brooklyn New Member

Name:
    Brooklyn
    The first two pics are about 11 weeks -- The last two are about 5 months. I'd love to get some expert advice!
  10. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Dobe/Rott did cross my mind Shona. :)
  11. TalentedMrRiply

TalentedMrRiply New Member

Name:
    Dean
    I'd say wait a few months and then you'll have a much better idea. I have a male rottie and at 5 months he was skinnier and taller than your girl but you should see him now. 54 kilos of solid muscle and he's not even a big eater.

If I get the chance I'll scan some of his puppy pics and you'll see how much they change as they grow.

:)
  12. mse2ponder

mse2ponder New Member

Name:
    Charlotte
    She's lovely! I used to work for someone who showed and bred rotties, and although she did have a girl with a slightly longer face, it wasn't something common to all her females. Her eyes on the first pic really make me think he has a bit of dobe in her too! She really is beautiful whatever!
  13. Brooklyn

Brooklyn New Member

Name:
    Brooklyn
    Shona, please do sent pics of your angels. I'd love to see them.
  14. Brooklyn

Brooklyn New Member

Name:
    Brooklyn
    Thank you all for the kind words. I am so glad that I've found this site! Here's to a long, furry friendship!
  15. Colin

Colin

Name:
    Colin
    I would say that she is a dobe/rottie cross.
  16. cava14una

cava14una New Member

Name:
    Anne
    Strange this should come up as I was watching Animal Cops Houston last night and they rescued 2 adult Rotties a youngster and a litter of pups. I thought the mother of the pups and the youngster looked like Dobe/Rottie crosses and they had heads very like your girl.

She's gorgeous by the way:grin:
  17. ShaynLola

ShaynLola New Member

Name:
    Jules
    I thought Dobe X Rottie too as soon as I saw the fist photograph.

Very pretty girl :)
  18. wufflehoond

wufflehoond

Name:
    XXXXX
    What a gorgeous girl she is, whatever she may be:grin:
  19. Brooklyn

Brooklyn New Member

Name:
    Brooklyn
    Thank you all so much. Everyone is so kind here at Dogsey!
  20. Skyespirit86

Skyespirit86 New Member

Name:
    Holly
    People only try and tell you she's not a rottweiler because they don't actually know anything about dogs and are trying to lord over you. If they knew anything they'd know all dogs are born with tails, and that rotties only have short tails because someone cut them off, and in many countries it is actually illegal, including mine! Anyone who knew anything about dogs would know that, so you don't have to worry about their opinions, especially if they don't listen when you correct them- they're just defending their stupidity!
  21. Brooklyn

Brooklyn New Member

Name:
    Brooklyn
    Usually, I don't even bother trying to correct them. Many people here think they're the greatest living authority on everything. You can't change the stupid. Thanks for your support, however! Be well!