Rotties' tails -- clipped or not? Controversial

Discussion in 'Rottweiler' started by Brooklyn, Jul 17, 2008.

1. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel
    I would have guessed at rott/dobe cross too, it's not just her build for me but her head.

Male and females rotts do have different heads of course but they do have the same attributes and the same breed standard goes for males and females and I don't mean this in a nasty way but her head is not much like a rotties head, but for me, somewhere between that of a rott and that of a dobe. JMO of course. Would love to see how she develops as she grows.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. BoerboelMom

BoerboelMom New Member

Name:
    Ife
    I like Rottweilers with tails. But, your dog looks like a mutt. Whatever she is, she is gorgeous. I would like to see more photos. How old is she now? I think she is probably a Rotterman (Doberman Pinscher x Rottweiler). You won't be able to tell for sure until she is around 4-months-old. She is beautiful. However, I would bet she is a Rotterman. I've seen Rottweilers and Rottermans (amazing designer breed) in person before. She looks like the Rottermans I've seen. She is beautiful. It's possible she is a purebred Rottweiler.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    This is an 8 year old thread.
  5. ka_cheongliu

ka_cheongliu New Member

Name:
    Ka
    CaroleC likes this.
    OMG, this thread is 10 years old, I wonder what she looks like now. I also think she's a Rotterman because I looked after one a few years ago. Trying to find a photo of her to show you guys. Regarding natural or docked tail, I'm ok with both. I didn't have a choice with Oscar because he was already docked when I got him.

She is the one behind Oscar. The other one is my Mini-Bulldog Gigi, that I gave away to a family because their son came to my house everyday on his way home from school to play with her. He loved her more then I could.
    IMG_1911.JPG
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Ka - do not worry about it! The original posts were brought over from Dogsey when Azz [Admin] started Breedia, but it is always interesting to see new posts and opinions on old threads.

I love that picture of Oscar, the little Dobe/Rottie and the Mini-Bulldog Gigi, all looking comfortable together. :)
  7. ka_cheongliu

ka_cheongliu New Member

Name:
    Ka
    You guys reply so quickly, there must be big time difference between the countries
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    This is predominately a UK forum and the UK is currently on Summer time so is GMT+1. I am in Israel which is GMT+2 but as we are also on Summer time we are now GMT+3. There are members from the US which is GMT- however many hours behind as there are different time zones there, and China is GMT+8.

GMT is Greenwich Mean Time although I believe it is now called UTC - Coordinated Universal Time.

So I guess people respond according to what the time is there!
  9. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    Yup OP was ages ago but does look like Rott mix possibly with Dobie and did have chance to see some from an intentional litter bred many years ago.