Rough Collies - past and present Discussions

Discussion in 'Collie (Rough)' started by Moobli, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Do you still have your name down for a pup Honeybunny, or are you looking at other breeders now?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. tyr

tyr New Member

Name:
    Tyr
    It's great to see that there are others who prefer the older type of RC. I can't really help but in Germany there are quite a few breeders of old East German lines or of what they call 'American Collies'. One breeder I really like is http://www.heatherland.de/content/view/20/57/lang,english/. They have gorgeous dogs, although I'm not that keen on the mostly white colouring.

There's also a breeder who breeds very impressive working RCs of the more modern type.
    http://www.collies-vombopparderhamm.de/html/schutzdienst.html
    http://www.collies-vombopparderhamm.de/html/hundesport.html

I've only ever seen one old type RC over here - he was absolutely stunning, and I could still kick myself that I didn't ask the owner where they got him from. The modern British type, although they're lovely dogs, is definitely too furry and small for my liking!
  4. rough

rough New Member

Name:
    sal
    No, i know of one that worked , and was shown.
    not sure if it still does now.;-) there are breeders of the older fashioned type of collie, as far as i'm concerned all roughs have beauty and brains:lol:
  5. HoneyBunny

HoneyBunny New Member

Name:
    yazmin
    Unfortunately the Ladnar breeders dog Pixi had a miscarriage and the other breeder has decided not to breed this year. So back to square one unfortunately.

And thank you Rough will look at the breeders :)
  6. HoneyBunny

HoneyBunny New Member

Name:
    yazmin
    Hi Rough just looked at the sites they are German ones I thought they where breeders lol. Could you recommend a breeder? (sorry for being a pain)
  7. rough

rough New Member

Name:
    sal
    it wasn't me who posted those links.:lol: sure i'll sent you a link
  8. HoneyBunny

HoneyBunny New Member

Name:
    yazmin
    Lol sorry your right :) I just the links and presumed it was you (sorry) can't wait and thank you.
  9. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    I would love to see links to breeders of the old fashioned type, if you have them.
  10. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Oh no, what a shame, especially about Pixi. I hope you can find another breeder of the type you like soon.
  11. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Thanks for the links Tyr - very interesting. I, too, am not keen on the mostly white colouring on some of the dogs in the first link, but they do have some lovely, traditional looking collies too - although it is difficult to tell how big they are from the pics of them just stood alone.

Love the protection photos in the second set of links. Wow - I have never, even seen a rough collie doing protection work. They look like fab dogs and some appear to have a decent amount of size and presence about them.

Thanks for sharing.
  12. rough

rough New Member

Name:
    sal
    there are at least 3 Canadian RC's brought into this country in the last couple of years.
  13. rough

rough New Member

Name:
    sal
  14. rough

rough New Member

Name:
    sal
    Hope The Link Was Of Interest.
  15. TabithaJ

TabithaJ New Member

Name:
    ownedbyayellowlab
  16. rough

rough New Member

Name:
    sal
    yes there some lovely dogs noteably Ch Abbeywater Faberge at Evad who i had the pleasure of using;-)
  17. rough

rough New Member

Name:
    sal
    brilliant. what was his breeding?:)
  18. muttzrule

muttzrule New Member

Name:
    Rachael
    How yummy is Ch. Jefsfire Clean Sweep
    All gorgeous of course, but he really stood out to me!
  19. Truvon

Truvon New Member

Name:
    Yvon
    For breeders of the traditional/classic Rough Collie check out the Wicini Rough Collies. They have 3 USA/Canadian stud dogs.
  20. rough

rough New Member

Name:
    sal
    ;-) strobroy have one too:lol: