Seized dog pictures (not pleasant) General Chat

Discussion in 'Bull Breeds Forum' started by Borderdawn, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn

Seized dog pictures (not pleasant)

Now, most of you know how I feel about Pit Bulls, I LOVE the breed, however whether they should be kept as pets in todays society is another matter.

This has totally disgusted me. With permission to post these photos, I show you the LACK of care some of these dogs are getting whilst in Police care. This dog was a fit animal with NOT a mark on him. He has some serious ulcer on his hind hock and is over 20lbs less in weight than when he went in. His head muscles have caved in and he is having veterinary treatment for several problems. He did NOT see a Vet whilst in Police care. He was returned as NOT being "Pit Bull type" after a few weeks.
    Dawn.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Berger

Berger New Member

Name:
    Nic
    Oh bless him that's awful. They shouldn't seize them if they are not going to give them some basic care!
  4. Clair

Clair New Member

Name:
    CLAIR
    What do they do to those dogs, stick them in a crate and leave them there:? :shock:

that doen't look like pit to me anyway, poor little mite:-(
  5. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    It wasnt Police kennels, he, and others were seized by the Dog warden on behalf of Merseyside Police, I think an investigation is going to take place as to the care (or lack of) these dogs were given.
  6. Trixybird

Trixybird New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    Total neglect I would say :shock:
  7. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    Why on earth did the dog warden get involved? That's disgusting, if you are going to seize an animal then you have to accept 100% responsibility for it's care. For a dog to suffer that amount of damage in such a short space of time is horrific. I hope whomever is responsible gets suitably punished.
    Becky
  8. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    All I know is the dog (and others) were seized by the dog warden on behalf of Merseyside Police, the owners didnt know where they were being taken.

On possible good thing is the RSPCA (of all people) are keen to prosecute the "carers" of these neglected dogs and see them pay for the way they have treated them.
  9. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    To think not all that long ago it was their 'experts' that resulted in many dogs having to be destroyed!
    Becky
  10. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    I would send these to the papers if I had them with the whole sorry disgusting story. I have been wondering how things have been going for these poor dogs, did they all get returned to their owners, or are some still in 'prison'?
  11. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Dont worry it will be made VERY public. Some of you may not of heard that 4 or 5 seized dogs have died from Parvo, and one person had 3 pups taken, 16 weeks old at the time, one of those is dead, Police reckon it was "kennel fight"
  12. kristian

kristian New Member

Name:
    titch
    shocking i really feel for the owners:shock: it just about somes up the amnesty! SHOCKING!
  13. Stamford

Stamford New Member

Name:
    Steve
    B****ds.Thanks for highlighting this Dawn.Its bloody disgusting.Too right the RSPCA are trying to prosecute.If i was the owner of any of those dogs,Id have swung for them.First they had imo no right to take the dogs away in the first place,although as a point of law that could be argued.But what can't be argued is the fact they had a duty of care to look after those dogs,and the fact is they have more than neglected that duty. :evil: :evil: :evil:
  14. Toby

Toby New Member

Name:
    Janet
    Disgusting, that poor dog has had not care whilst in kennels and not much food judging by the way his skin is flapping, I hope that the RSPCA do manage to prosecute those involved!!!
  15. Sal

Sal New Member

Name:
    sally
    Disgraceful:evil:
    I'm not the owner of these dogs and i'm fuming, it is in my opinion neglect of the worst kind.

I would definatly consider legal action against both the police and the kennels,they have failed in there duty of care.Disgusting!!!:evil: :evil: :evil:
  16. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

Thanks for posting Dawn. It is outrageous and I hope the public get to hear about it and that these so-called "carers" pay. It's bad enough from the dogs' perspective, being separated from their owners without being neglected as well. :-(
  17. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    OMG! That is disgusting!! I hope there is a full investigation.
  18. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    I had already read about the parvo on here, but didn't know about the poor pups. Kennel fight indeed!!!! young pups do not fight to the death, in fact I have never ever seen pups in a nasty fight, it is all playing at that age.
    Just hope that it is made very public so that everyone knows what these so-called 'Animal Welfare' people are doing.
  19. Sara1210

Sara1210 New Member

Name:
    Sara
    My god, that is bloody disgusting :shock: :evil:
  20. alexandra

alexandra New Member

Name:
    Alex
    I hope severl people swing for this!!!

Poor baby, id kill anyone who treated my baby like that!
  21. muttzrule

muttzrule New Member

Name:
    Rachael
    This is what I was talking about when those dogs came down and DIED of parvo! Lack of care! There is no excuse for four previously healthy adult dogs to die of a perfectly treatable illness.