Shaun Ellis, Again Controversial

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by sutty, May 1, 2009.

1. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Yeah, lol:mrgreen: :grin: :grin: :mrgreen: Then there are the closet ones I am sure , lol:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    I just popped over for a nosey, clicked on the google link and the site is down, maybe maintenance?
    Did anyone ever ask about SE's dogs then? Its a bit confusing as he'd had the dogs for a while so is the rule about no dogs on the land new or always been in place? :?
  4. Heather and Zak

Heather and Zak New Member

Name:
    heather
    The site is working for me. A member questioned wether the dogs up for rehoming were SE's and Charlie just said they were because of the fall through of the LandKey project. And the policy of no dogs at Coombe Martin.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2009
  5. claudeen

claudeen New Member

The NI you are referring to is Ollie, and was temporarily in my care until Shaun took him. I visited him a couple of times, when Shaun also had the 2 jacks. I also spoke regularly to Joolze who worked alongside Shaun. Joolze sent me pictures and updates of Ollie and he was extremely happy, but things happened last October, I don't know what exactly and Ollie was rehomed with one of his staff who had cared for him while Shaun was away filming. It was always agreed that if there was any problem I would have him. Shaun is clearly not a man of his word, and I am so angry and upset, that I was not informed of his intentions. We are now in contact with the lady who has him, and Joolze has also been visiting him. I will be visiting him myself this summer, and if there is anything that I am not happy with, he will be coming home with me to live.

Most importantly, this dog actually belonged to a friend of mine, (not me or JK), who had lost her home and job due to splitting with her fiance, I at the time could not keep him on a permanent basis, as my house was way too small for 3 dogs. When this offer came, it was my friend that made the final decision. But I still feel responsible as I had known this boy since he was 12 weeks old, and loved him dearly and thats why I kept in contact with them.

Huge mistake to believe a word he says. You think with all his expertise he would put the welfare of these dogs first.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2009
  6. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    Ok i'm lost, the park allowed him to have all the dogs last year but not this year? :shock:
    I just cant see them doing that.
  7. claudeen

claudeen New Member

I know how you feel:roll:
  8. Heather and Zak

Heather and Zak New Member

Name:
    heather
    It does seem rather strange doesn't it. Why could he have not found someone to look after them until he found the new place he is supposed to be looking for. I wondered why his business partner Charlie could not keep them until things were settled with the new venture, but I see that Charlie is going to downsize his amount of dogs as well. Are these people supposed to be dog lovers or is it only when the dogs can bring them money in?
  9. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Very good point there and i totally agree. It doesn't send a very good message about dog owner ship to the public. We don't take on a dog based on our possible circumstances but on the reality of them.
  10. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    Can I just say, and whilst I appreciate that a few people were against me, I went homeless and lived in a van for almost a year rather than giving up my dogs. To just pass them on because things haven't quite worked out as planned is wrong in my book. There are many alternatives, such as short term fostering, finding somewhere else to live etc etc rather than just give them up.
    Becky
  11. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    unless they were being a nuscince????
  12. claudeen

claudeen New Member

Don't think it was the dogs that were the nuisance !!
  13. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine

Huge difference though trying to find some where or to live in a van with a much bigger breed...:)
  14. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    I had 8 at the time so I think that would equate to two bigs ones, in fact it would probably have been easier if I'd had two bigs ones!
    Becky
  15. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    It saddens me to here that. What a dishonorable man. Do you happen to know what happened to the jrt's.
  16. claudeen

claudeen New Member

Don't get your point Mahooli, the dog did not belong to me, and as the dog suffered from separation anxiety from humans she felt he would better with Shaun and his staff, as they assured her he would not be left and either himself or one of his staff would be with him.

At that time I could not offer him the home he required as I worked all day, and my husband was out of the house part time (even 4 hours a day, Ollie struggled) if you are wondering why I feel I could now, its that we now have a house with an equestrian yard, and my husband is permanently there. But as I said previously it was not my decision !!!
  17. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    :?: :?: :?:
    I've not replied to your posts!
    Becky
  18. claudeen

claudeen New Member

Sorry I thought you were meaning I should have taken him, my mistake.

As for the little Jacks I have no idea, but I will try and find out.
  19. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    I lived in a tent on a campsite for 4 months with 3 collies! I also lived 50 miles off campus at uni as I couldn't leave my dogs anywhere.

I guess it comes down to what you feel is important.
  20. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    Can I just say not everything is always black and white and its not always that easy to take your dogs with you x
  21. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    I am aware of this.....and I can't even begin to explain how difficult it was to organise this, but in my mind that was what had to happen. I probably would not have gone to Uni had I not been lucky enough to find somewhere to live with my dogs.

As for the tent....it was the only way I could live and have my dogs with me.