Shila and Isis

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Jem, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma

Shila and Isis

Im writing this as im fed up with seeing quotes about how bad my dogs are and instead of writing this out everytime if its here people can link it etc.
    I'd have done it earlia but my net has been off :evil:
    Shila I got her at 4 months old the only problems we had with her was she suffered terrible terrible seperation anxiety, she was bad in the car and was not used to traffic.
    These were all sorted by one way or another.
    Isis I got at 6 months old, her previous owner had neglected her and to be honest i think she was left to her own devices a lot of the time.
    She is at her 7th home here and it is definatly her forever home, she is 1 this month so that is a awful lot of moving for a pup.
    Her previous owner lied to me and i only knew of 2 problems before she came 1-she was thin and 2- she was slightly dominant.
    She turned up and was half her normal body weight, she didn't know her name, she wasn't lead trained, she escaped the list is endless to be honest, the only good point she had was she was house trained :roll:
    Shila and Isis get on like a house on fire they do everything together and the only thing that will ever seperate these 2 is death if im perfectly honest as she really is going nowhere.
    The dogs dig and we now have no grass, the dogs have wrecked the pond by digging through the bottom of it, for the first month Isis escaped nearly everyday as she figured out everything we tried to do to stop her, both dogs were nearly shot for chasing poultry, Isis has a high prey drive so likes to chase small furry things outside the garden, They were fighting between themselves but this has been sorted, Isis pulls like a train on a lead.
    She is a monster BUT she is my monster and these 2 are my life everything I have done is for them, i looked at rehoming Isis when they were fighting as my worst nightmare is one of them killing the other but like i said this has been sorted.
    I have never said I am experienced with NI's as im not shila was my first. I do have experience with dogs, i volunteer at a local dog centre, i grew up with dogs etc etc but not NI's.
    I have always been open and honest about the problems I hve had with Isis BUT I am not pulling my hair out most days with them at all and I think thats a appalling comment to make especially as the comments can only be made based on what is put on forums.
    I love my dogs YES they are trouble but they are both under 18 months old so are still babies which i understand, both dogs are now coming on leaps and bounds which is down to me training them like any normal dog owner would.
    This is not to cause trouble but it really does save me typing it out everytime my dogs are brought up :roll:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    If you read the forum Jem you will see that loads of people with various breeds have behavioural problems, its just that when someone with one of our breeds admits that there is a problem somehow it gets blown out of all proportion. It is hard having 2 of them, I know that, but like you say you just keep training and the problems begin to slowly disappear, mine are 3 on Sunday and we still have our ups and downs, I don't ever talk about it on here though because I know there would be loads of tonguelashings being handed out instead of advice, which is what I would be looking for. You are doing really well with them, any dog that had had 7 homes before 1 year old is going to have insecurity problems and well done for taking her on and making something of her instead of abandoning her. We all tear our hair out sometimes, it is par for the course. Keep on trucking:lol: :lol:
  4. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Try to take no notice of those kinds of people! We who know you know how much work you have put into them and how much you love them. Never mind what a couple of trolls have to say! ;)
  5. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Well seeing as I am usually one of the ones who get branded a troublemaker in the NI threads...

I have obviously missed all these nasty comments about your dogs.. the only thing I have ever heard about Shila is that she has big ears and isn't a perfect example of the breed.. and I never even knew you had another one..

SO I don't know where you are getting the
  6. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Umm strange that as i have read a couple of threads you were involved in where Jem and I got mentioned and Jem's dogs were said to be causing her trouble all the time . . .

ETA: Not saying it was you though, just read how that could come across.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2008
  7. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    Louise I never mentioned anyone in particular because then i'd be accused of causing trouble, I put this up as its easier than typing it everytime my dogs are mentioned.
    The member who mentions my dogs know who they are.
  8. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Ive missed it too, cant remember anyone saying "bad things" anout Jems dogs on here. Could you point us to the posts please.
    I think jem has written several posts on forums stating problems with the dogs are "getting her down" i.e them fighting, going through fear phases, whinging, chasing cats, attacking a kitten etc... perhaps people are referring to these?
  9. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    But these are normal problems people CAN have with a rehome in my posts i have never once said that i pull my hair out day in day out with them.
    I'd have thought people asking for advice would be seen as a good thing but hey ho clearly not :roll:
  10. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    Oh and Like i said Isis has a very high prey drive but happily lives in peace with my 3 cats and any other cat that comes in the garden. It's out the garden that everything else is fair game but this is something that is still being worked on x
  11. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Jem, I am merely offering you a reason why people may think you have problems with your dogs as thats what you are implying they are saying. Can you point me to the "bad things" that people on here have said about your dogs please, I dont seem to be able to find them?

For the record, yes I do think its a good thing asking for help, but its also the only reason I can think of that people may be referring to.
  12. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Jem, I am not sure if I have seen the posts that have upset you but I shall say this: some people are simply not worth getting upset over, sad people with nothing better to do with their lives than be spiteful, you can imagine they were propbably bullied at school, perhaps they look at it as therapy, who knows. I guess we should feel sorry for them.
    ( above: not directed at anyone in particular, a general comment ref a particular type of situtaion).

If they are on this forum, perhaps you should put them on your ignore list.
  13. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    I just wanted to make everything clear as it is a really long post n i dont want to type it again mainly because im lazy n i hate typing plus my spelling is pants at times :lol:
    Can I put the links up as it will look like im picking on them?x
  14. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    You want to link posts off here? If that is what you are asking, I don't see why not.
  15. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    But if you are the only person seeing the posts maybe you are taking them the wrong way..

I had problems with lola when she first arrived and I did think about sending her back.. but I am so glad I persevered..and she is still here.. I didn't write them on forums tho.. I got on with it..as it was my choice to have her here (sort of a "I've made my bed" scenario)so it was my problem to sort them.. I talked to a few close friends with mals and just got through it....

The dogs NEVER got me down..but the situation did..
  16. skilaki

skilaki

Name:
    -
    Jem, I have nothing but admiration for people like you who take on what could be called 'troubled' dogs, turn them around, and give them a life worth living. I know how hard, frustrating and worrying it can be having a more difficult than average dog and take my hat off to you. Keep doing what you are doing, and it will all pay off in the end.
  17. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    Louise i dont think im taking the posts the wrong way but if i am then im sorry for writing this terribly dull post :lol:
    skilaki - thanks for your comment hun but a lot of Isis's problems were due to lack of training and being in 7 homes in 5 months, I have great respect for people who take on troubled dogs especially with owning Isis :lol:

Just to add im not saying Isis is a troubled dog she's just a very very stubborn husky mix :lol:
  18. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Well you are refering to me I assume as I mentioned that you posted on another forum you were thinking about rehoming Isis.
    Well when you come on this forum stating how great these dogs are yet where considering rehoming one of yours then yes you will be pulled up on it as its very misleading.
    And no one seems to have a scooby what your on about with these posts so can you enlighten us by copying and pasting these hurtful comments that have upset you and led to your essay.
  19. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Bless Isis, by the sounds of things the poor girl didn't have a chance to even settle as a puppy, before being sent from one place to another, I bet she has come on leaps and bounds with you, 'Well Done Jem' xxxxxx
  20. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    They are not hurtful comments hun they are boring because i have to defend them on every forum u mention them on :roll:
    I have said these dogs are great but admited i have problems with them and u blew things out of proportion when i mentioned rehoming one for there OWN good not because i wanted to.
    Even someone like you could understand that and what i mean by that is u difficult dogs all the time and no i am not comparing myself to you, when i finish pottering etc i'll find the quotes.
  21. skilaki

skilaki

Name:
    -
    That is how I read/understood your post too - ;)