Shila and Isis

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Jem, Nov 21, 2008.

1. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    Hiya Jem
    You dont have to justify yourself to anybody, this is a forum not a court of law.
    Any questions you have that would help you train your dogs should be welcomed here & we as members should support you in that & give advice where we can / if we can, is that not what the forum is mainly for?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    I read the posts too about Jems dogs so Jem you didn't imagine them, think I'd call it selective reading for some...
    it is a sorry shame that you feel you have had to do this, as liz has said you do not need to justify any thing to any one on here, you enjoy your chosen breed and don't let the barstewards drag you down for it...xx
  4. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Well could you point me to them please Elaine, cos neither Louise nor me can find them and considering its us you say are always having a go, Id like to see what we are being blamed for again!
  5. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    I never blamed you or louise and when i get time i'll find the quotes like i said i would
  6. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Ok thanks.
  7. Jo_W

Jo_W New Member

Name:
    Jo
    Posted 12-11-2008, 09:39 AM #63

I am fully aware on how to do this, have been fostering for many years but just saying Kato has got to a year and decided to get a bit bolshy and considering his sheer size and strength thought may be worth mentioning to people looking at this thread thinking "O LOOK HOW EASY THEY ARE" that they need experienced handling I think. Look at Jem she has 2 and is tearing her hair out most of the time, people do need to be aware.

I think this is most probably the post that has Jem feeling she needs to defend herself and explain her situation.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2008
  8. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    SO its just this one comment thats prompted the whole thread? I also dont think that "comment" was a nasty one towards her dogs at all. In fact she was pointing out potential problems and including her own dog too.

Thanks for posting it Jo, but I honestly cannot see what the big issue is with it.
  9. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    The issue is its brought up on other forums aswell as here and its not the first time snide comments have been made
  10. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Have you taken it up with those forums? Its pointless airing grievances on here if you havent, it makes you look silly as many onlookers wont know what you are speaking of. Can I also suggest you get in touch with the person or persons personally, as they are the ones that need to be addressed.
  11. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I may be wrong Dawn but from Jem's above post saying it isn't the first time, it suggests to me that it has happened on here before? Sometimes I guess things need to be aired, if some is upsetting Jem to this extent I guess she feels that she cannot talk to them on a personal level. Though I may be wrong.
  12. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    I have explained why it has been put on here it wasn't to have arguement etc it just saves me writing things out again and again :roll:
  13. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Im sorry WW, the quote posted was from two weeks ago and I cannot see the problem with it? If Jem has issues with other forums, she should take it up with them instead of bringing up things that have happened ages ago if you are referring to things that have happened even previous to that on here. I cannot see a point at all to this thread!:roll:
  14. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    My net had been off for 2 weeks so couldn't post anything i dont post on the other site plus its been mentioned on here more than once!
    I didn't do it for a discussion i did it so i dont have to keep repeating myself
  15. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    You know what? I really cant be arsed!
  16. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    well dont post then i didn't ask u to and it was never even aimed at you so give it a rest!
    As much as i enjoy going round in circles i dont think im going to bother anymore its boring :roll:
  17. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    You wanted to cause bad feeeling jem, as there is no other possible reason for the thread as it doesnt even relate to this forum!:evil: and you cant direct people to those "posts" on this one!:roll: The mods should remove this as its pointless!
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2008
  18. Jo_W

Jo_W New Member

Name:
    Jo
    In Jem's defence, this isn't the first comment that has been made but this was the easiest one to find, as it's the most recent.

Whilst it may not be 'said' in a nasty way, the insinuation is that Jem can't cope. We all have problems with our dogs at times, some may choose to address the problems on their own and others will seek the advice of other people. Neither way is right or wrong but it shouldn't used by other people as a way of trying to bang home a point they seem hell bent on preaching.

It appears that just because Jem has chosen to ask advice in the past, it is now used as a convenient tool to discredit NI ownership regardless of whether she is involved in the particular thread or not.
  19. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    If that is the case Jo, she should take it up with the people concerned, or report the posts, wouldnt you? Its a totally pointless thread, whereby it will cause another argument and its for no reason other than she cant be bothered or doesnt want to del with the person/persons direct. She said its on other forums too, she ought to take it there, not here, when she cant even tell us which posts she is referring to.
  20. Jo_W

Jo_W New Member

Name:
    Jo
    The thread only becomes an argument when someone feels the need to keep posting and questioning the OP's motive. Yes, it does appear to be a particular member who has the grievance with Jem and I assume the same person has mentioned the 'problems' on other sites where Jem doesn't post. So why not send a message through here?

The problem originates on this site and it's obvious that Jem is upset by these posts, so why shouldn't she defend herself?

It only becomes an issue for other members when they decide to intervene.
  21. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    I agree, a PERSONAL message!!!!!!