Short rations today for Tikva General Chat

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Malka, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.

Short rations today for Tikva

Yesterday Ram came to give Tikva her three-monthly Parkworm shot, her six-monthly Drontal Plus tablet [or the equivalent], and left the three-monthly Bravecto tablet for me to give her when she had her evening meal. Oh bliss, oh ecstasy, Tikki's beloved vet woz 'ere! 6.5kg so less than last time but her weight tends to fluctuate although it is always plus/minus about the same amount. Ram is very happy with her size and weight and I am always happy that she gets such regular checks.

Fine. One happy Tikki [until Ram went] - hoovered up her evening meal as usual, and two hours later upchucked it on the couch. Ram had given her the Drontal Plus wormer when he was here, so that would have been completely absorbed, but the Bravecto? It is for ticks and fleas and as it is now winter [with a vengeance] when I called Ram this morning he reckoned that even if it had not been absorbed, the next one can wait.

Bed time and she flew into the bedroom waiting for her bikki - into her crate - but when I had locked up/shut everything off and was ready for bed myself, she was sitting up and eeping, whereas normally she would have been curled up and asleep by then. She soon curled up though when she realised that I was not going to let her out, and she slept [as I did] until quite late this morning, only being woken by thunder and the sound of heavy rain.

But just in case, she has been on short rations today.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    CaroleC likes this.
    I wouldn't worry too much about it, Juli.

She had a lot of chemicals put into her in one day and her system reacted. It's not uncommon and she'll be as right as rain x
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    You know me, Chris - I do tend to worry and if I want to keep Tikva safe she has to have the shots and pills. Having checked back on her online diary, the rare occasions she has thrown up [only three that I have noted down] were unconnected to any shots or pills.

I know that some people do not believe in vaccinations, both for human babies and for dogs. Different vaccinations, obviously. But there are too many loose/stray/dumped dogs around, so all the dogs [and cats] that I have ever had the privilege of sharing my life with have had the recommended vaccinations. Just as my children had all vaccinations that were available when they were babies, not that there were all of the vaccines in those days, and definitely not when I was young.

And now there is a measles epidemic...

Tikki is, B"H fine, and she will continue to have whatever vaccinations and pills that she needs. And she and I both love Ram!