Size of St Bern question Questions

Discussion in 'St. Bernard' started by Darrell, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Darrell

Darrell New Member

Name:
    Darrell

Size of St Bern question

Hi guys this is I'm asking for a friend okay so a girl and one of my classes is doing a report on Saint Bernards and she is trying to find information on the internet believe it or not you can easily find height height of head height of shoulders length of body but you can't find something needed because she's making a life-size sculpture or something she needs the width of the body from the front so from shoulder to shoulder how many inches is a full grown female large Saint bernard? Please respond as soon as you can she needs this information and the next 24 hours or so I think after that you can probably disregard this question thanks very much guys in advance I know there's a lot of experts on here who will have an answer for this easily
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    She could ring round to see if anyone has one in their training classes so she could measure. Every dog will be different so there really is no standard size.

Another way would be to obtain a small model that she is happy looks like the St Bernard she wants to sculpt and calculate upwards on the measurements
  4. Darrell

Darrell New Member

Name:
    Darrell
    Thanks for the reply !

Your first idea may work . She could call around NYC to find an actual dig to measure...but she is ten and i think her folks are busy.

Your second idea wont work , but only because there is a math element to the project ( you measure an actual adult dog and use math (ratios , fractions , division, maybe, i dunno , I'm her art teacher ; this is for her regular teacher .

So she needs that shoulder to shoulder measurement, to then change w math and THEN male a scaled down model.

So , I hope someone out there can measure their adult female
    Chest width (and maybe add the other two , standard dimensions, since like u said , the sizes vary among each dog.

If anyone can do this today , lets us know... thanks in advance . ....after today. ....probably no need to reply becasue she only has a short time for this. She picked St Bernard bcz it is her fave breed by FAR . She loves them ! And yet She's never met one in person, but she likes their rep as fearless friendly rescue dogs ! D'awwww. Kyoot !

Thanks guys .
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    @Roux Would you be able to help out with this kid's project?
  6. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Darrell, Malka and CaroleC like this.
    Find a breeder to call. Look under AKC Saint Bernard breeders. It will have some numbers
  7. Darrell

Darrell New Member

Name:
    Darrell
    I will let her know. She seems shy though. She is not my student. I did what I could . I have 24 kids to help already. Thanks