Slovakian Rough Haired Pointer Discussions

Discussion in 'Slovakian Rough Haired Pointer' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. perrodeagua

perrodeagua New Member

Name:
    Diane
    I was hoping the import register would be finishing with so many of us coming off it in January? Oh well! I really don't know what it's supposed to serve, you still get the kind of breeders that it was supposedly set up to stop.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. eskababe

eskababe New Member

Name:
    pixie
    SRHP are on the import register, the father of mine was an import also many of her ancestors. If you look at highampress.co.uk it lists them.

They are an amazing breed of dog, beautiful, brainy, so friendly & amuzing clowns.

Yes if a dog tells them off, they squeel & milk it for all its worth, similar to Weimaraners, but worst.

Mine is now walking out in the country with my Weimaraner & Staffie & fitting into life with her other dogs. Its been worth it she is lovely & they are all adapting to.

The pup you saw could very well of been a litter mate of my girl. Poor Stella must of wondered what was going on LOL.

Eskababe
  4. spettadog

spettadog

Name:
    Annie
    Yep, it appears to me also that the Import Register is almost a "preview" for all people that want the dogs. I am really worried about what is going to happen to my breed when it comes off the IR in January. I'm sure you are too!!

People say that my breed will just explode but to be honest Im not so sure but I am not happy about the dogs being bred at the moment and this will only get worse.

It will be interesting to see what the breed is like in 10 years from now.

Spettadog

Eskababe

Im so glad things are working out for you now. Its always a worry when you introduce a new puppy isnt it. She sounds absolutely adorable and, as I say, this will be a breed I'll be watching very closely in the future.

Kind regards
  5. perrodeagua

perrodeagua New Member

Name:
    Diane
    Already in my breed someones bred more in 12 months than I have in the 15 years of owning them. Myself and three friends first imported them.

This is a sad fact and they are not for everyone so it worries me how so many pups can go into the right homes?? I found it hard in the last 15 years to find suitable homes for such a number, don't know how anyone could do it in a 12 month period.
  6. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Ripsnorterthe2nd New Member

Name:
    Emma
    Wow I have to say these dogs are truly stunning! :smt049

Anyone have any idea what health tests are required in the breed?
  7. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel
    I assume hipscores for sure, maybe elbows too?
  8. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Name:
    Emma
    Yeah hipscores would be a definite wouldn't they?! :D

At least that's all I can find so far, think I'd have to speak to someone in the breed really?

Just out of interest, what are Weim's tested for? Considering they're part of the SRHP, they could need the same tests! :lol:
  9. eskababe

eskababe New Member

Name:
    pixie
    [​IMG]

The parents of my Slovak pup were hipscored. If you go to *********.co.uk you can find breeders, pictures etc & lots of imformation on this beautiful breed.

Dawn.
  10. eskababe

eskababe New Member

Name:
    pixie
    :shock: ********* is where to look for all imfo.
  11. eskababe

eskababe New Member

Name:
    pixie
    Well someone obviously dont want people to know where to look as it is blocking me from putting imformation.

Its a shame.
  12. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel
    Weimies needs hips for deff and some breeders do eyes too as they can get Entropian but it's not all that common really.
  13. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Name:
    Emma
    I know it must be a blocked site, nay mind! ;-)

Have looked at your other page though, some gorgeous pics there! :smt049

Would you mind telling me which kennel your gorgeous SRHP is from? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to put it in public. :D
    Pretty healthy then, eh?! Thanks Kel! :mrgreen:
  14. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel
    Apart from being prone to allergies, indegestion probs, behavioural probs and bloat aye!

No testing for those though. :(
  15. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel
    You'd better not be tempted anyway, we are getting the that Mr Black dude remember, you distract the owner and I snatch the dog, meet you back at the car. :smt002 :mrgreen:
  16. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Name:
    Emma
    Aww bless, you love her really! ;-)
    I know, I know, but I am sort of leaning towards these now! No doubt next time I see Mr. Black dude I'll want to snatch his dog again! :roll: :smt043
  17. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel
    LOL! He was lovely though (the dog I mean!) :mrgreen:

Course I do she's my little angel really and she bloody well knows it! Probably half the problem! :roll: :mrgreen:
  18. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Name:
    Emma
    Yeah definitely the dog! :smt043
    :lol: Same here I think! :lol:
  19. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel
    Oh you will see what I mean soon enough, THEN you will sympathise! :smt043 :shock:
  20. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Name:
    Emma
    Ok, ok I believe you! :lol:

:shock:
  21. eskababe

eskababe New Member

Name:
    pixie
    Here is Mishka XXX :grin: