Small dog sitting by my chair... General Chat

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Malka, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

Small dog sitting by my chair...

...eeping very quietly. Looked down and she was sitting beside my chair with her right front paw up in her "please mommy" position, so what could I do?

It was not much past 6.30pm and her evening meal was not due until 8pm, but she was eeping and looking so hard-done-by that I gave in.

What else could I do?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    They have a way of getting what they want don’t they ?
    How many times do you feed her....generally ?
    Yoji is 9 months and we feed him over 3 meals, we are looking to reduce it to twice, what do you think, is he old enough to do that now ?
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Tikva is fed twice a day. She has her bone meal [a frozen chicken wing, or chunk of frozen turkey neck, of a whole, ungutted, heads an'all, large sardine or a similar fish, at 10am. At 8pm she has [except for today!] her "wet" meal which consists of various vitamins, minerals, and other canine supplements, mixed in some warm water, then defrosted frozen diced mixed vegetables and cut up defrosted meat. The latter being alternated between turkey hearts, turkey gizzards, turkey liver, and ox lung. Just about all I can get.

I do not know what you feed Yoji on but I would think that he is old enough to have just two meals a day. As far as I can remember mine were always on two meals a day by around the age of six months - but I cannot really compare small dogs to a strapping lad like Yoji so how about trying him on that? Not cutting his food down but keeping to the same amount he has been having three times a day and just dividing it by two instead of three.

It is Tikva's bedtime now and she has not asked for any more food. I will shortly tell her to go out for a final pee and when she comes in I will unclip her tether - she will shoot into the bedroom, do her twirlies waiting for me to open her crate so she can go in it and get her little nightime bikki - and and she will be curled up fast azonk by the time I get myself off to bed!