So the Yellow Ninja was here... General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Malka, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

So the Yellow Ninja was here...

...and the door was open [too hot to close it], his yellow first-responder bike parked outside, his Ninja jacked hanging onto a hook on the door frame and his helmet hanging onto a hook on the open door, while he and I were having a sort out and discussion in the back room. Tikki was with us when all of a sudden she shot into the salon and stood in the doorway with her "someone is here" bark. Not a warning bark as if she was concerned and did not like the look of the person, just a bark to let us know someone was here.

Plonked out and there was a young man outside the door, his wife and baby in a stroller at the end of the path - no idea who they were but he saw the first-responder bike outside so wanted to make sure everything was OK.

I am extremely pleased with Tikva for letting us know someone was here [not sure if she would have let him just walk in though] and very grateful that someone I did not know and who did not know me, bothered to come and check that everything was OK when he saw the bike, jacket and helmet.

A lot of immediate neighbours and Hai at the macolet opposite know that the Yellow Ninja is a friend of mine but this young man obviously did not but had the decency to check when he saw the bike. But I wonder how many people who did not know, just walked past without bothering to see if I was OK?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Somebody made a "worried" telephone call to the local Welfare Department and I have just had the 'pleasure' of being visited by a senior welfare officer who I have never seen before, plus the police.

Why do I have to explain who is a friend of mine and Amit was here just as that - a long time friend? Yes he was on his first responder bike because he can use it for private use as long as he responds to emergency calls.

Please do not forget that he is just a volunteer, as are many of our first responders and ambulance paramedics. And someone reported me as having called for help when I did not need it.

I absolutely hate some people at times.
  4. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    CaroleC likes this.
    Take it as it comes, Juli.

Some folk are naturally concerned by nature, some busybodies, some plain nasty.

It's the way of the World. You know you've done nothing wrong and so does Amit. In fact if it was a senior welfare officer, he should find Amit and give him one huge pat on the back for his help, concern and friendship
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Chris - I have a house full of things I will never wear/use again. Amit knows organisations that have things for people in need, not charity shops where people buy things for the "benefit" of the "charity" but like food banks, clothes banks etc. These are things that are given away to those in need.

He has in the past helped me clear my wardrobe/cupboards although there are still too many things I will never wear/need again. And I know that they are going to people who will need them, without a "charity" organisation selling them.

So. I am trying to clear my little bungalow of things that just take up space, collect dust, and I will never use again. Small electrical items and the suchlike. As I only cook for myself and cannot lift things, I only use my microwave or induction hob these days, so why keep things that I know I will never use again? I will never use my food processor again as I have much smaller things which will do the same if necessary. Same as most things.

Anyhow, Amit came and helped me clear out a load of things - still more to go - and has just send me an email of the volunteer who helps run the place after he had taken this morning's offerings, together with what he took.

[​IMG]
    Sorry it is sideways on but I cannot straighten it.
  6. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    It's an excellent way to get stuff out of the way and help others at the same time.
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    These were not things bought on the spur of the moment, used once and then put away at the back of a cupboard. I used these things, they were then washed, cleaned, dried, wrapped in paper towels and put either back in the boxes they came in [for easier storage] or wrapped and put away in bags. So yes used but still unmarked and as new.

I have only kept items that I am able to use now, the ones Amit took were either too large for my needs or too heavy for me to pick up. I have kept what I want and what I can use, so why keep things that someone else can make use of?

But I am still rather upset that some busybody got the welfare department and police onto me. Why?
  8. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    You'll never work that one out Juli. It's like the people who report owners to the RSPCA when it turns out just to be a malicious call. All it does is waste time and money and cause distress if you let it