South African Boer Boels General Chat

Discussion in 'Boerboel' started by Jem, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma

South African Boer Boels

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I didn't know where to put it. :blush:
    Has anyone seen one of these or does anyone own one on dogsey? I only ask as i watched a programme on them the other week and i was amazed at how stunning and versatile these dogs are, I've googled them and there is not much info on them really.
    Any info on them would be great xxx
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Trixy

Trixy

Name:
    Jasmine
    I missed it :-(
  4. boobah

boobah New Member

Name:
    lorraine
    Yes there is someone but I can't remember who it is.Someone else may remember though,xxxxxxxxx
  5. Nippy

Nippy New Member

Name:
    Jenny
    I've never heard of them but I gave them a google :grin:
    My, they are big beasts aren't they? very attractive though.
  6. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    They are gorgeous looking dogs and from what i gather there are quite a few about but I have only recently heard of the breed so now im being nosey and wanna see some owners with these gorgeous monsters :grin:
  7. Benzmum

Benzmum New Member

Name:
    Lynne
    I absolutely love them

Such a stunning breed. There used to be a dogsey member Ash who had one but don't think they have been online for years :-( Don't recall anyone else having one but would love to be proved wrong :grin:
  8. boobah

boobah New Member

Name:
    lorraine
  9. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    What a absolutely gorgeous dog.
    I know there is a breeder in Scotland but as I am no where near Scotland I was hoping to go see one in the flesh just a bit closer to home :lol: , but then i'd want one :shock: :grin: :grin: :grin:
  10. Benzmum

Benzmum New Member

Name:
    Lynne
  11. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

I'd never seen them either - they are lovely.:grin:
  12. Sarah.B

Sarah.B New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    A friend of mine has 2. They are very powerful dogs, they were orignally used in South Africa for hunting down animals & people! They have a very strong guarding instinct which if the breeder is repsonsible should make you sign a contract stating if the dog shows any sign of agression then you must have it destroyed. Beautiful dogs but a bit too big for me.
  13. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    I had looked into getting one years ago,, we heard about them as my mate came from SA, but we decided to go for the rotties, the pups we had looked into were sadly born in quarantine, they were very nervous, more so of things like, hovers, washing machines, It really put me off the litter,, but not the breed, I just felt there wasnt the right litter for me at the time,,
  14. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Exremely powerful, almost primitive working breed. Definately not for a novice owner, can be incredibly aggressive in the wrong hands, in fact lethal.
  15. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Never heard of the so just looked them up and this is a pic of a female so males must be huge, must say if I saw one of these charging at me my ass would be twitching!!!
    [​IMG]
  16. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    They are lovely but i dont think i'd get one xx
  17. Lionhound

Lionhound

Name:
    Lorna
    I think they share some history with the Rhodesian Ridgeback, stunning but has to be in the right hands :)
  18. Benzmum

Benzmum New Member

Name:
    Lynne
    Oh Shona ... if there ever is a right litter for you I will be camped in your back garden...me OH and Ben and our tent will be your new tenants LOL :lol: :lol: :shock:

No seriously, LOVE them but I know that realistically I would be a LONG LONG LONG way away from ever having the experience, however next best thing is...a Boerbel in Larbert!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:
  19. Fliggle

Fliggle New Member

Name:
    Heidi
    Never heard of them before now but they are stunning after I googled them. Wow.

Heidi
  20. Trixybird

Trixybird New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    No I haven't seen this breed before either, stunning, but too powerful for me.
  21. MAGADOG

MAGADOG New Member

Name:
    D
    Yes, these dogs are gorgeous, i love the look of them
    but then i have a soft spot for mastiff type and bull breed dogs.

There is a good UK website,
    it has lots of pics and some vids of the dogs playing, puppies etc...

http://www.boerboels.co.uk/home.htm

There dogs are absolutely stunning !!