Spinone grooming Grooming

Discussion in 'Italian Spinone' started by Carolinea, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Carolinea

Carolinea New Member

Name:
    Caroline
    That's interesting - a lot of Spinone breeders seem to recommend using this, and my groomer who handstrips also recommended it too. I couldn't see any evidence of cutting, just taking out the dead hairs as far as I could see. I'll speak to my breeder and see what she recommends.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. rachelsetters

rachelsetters New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    I gave my mum a coat king to help her keep on top of her pet gordons coat - she got so carried away next time I saw him he didn't have any feathering - looked dreadful so I took it off her!!!

Be careful it doesn't just take out the dead coat it will take out anything it grips!

Yes it is fine for a pet but as advised just be careful - also your pup shouldn't have that much dead hair at his age really? if it won't come out by hand its not ready to come out - that's the rule I use with the gordons - if he goes in the ring hairy and fluffy as a pup so be it.

Definitely speak to the breeder for advice.
  4. Chunky

Chunky New Member

Name:
    lesley
    They definately do cut hair, not as much as it would by say taking a pair of thinners to the coat, but it will make a difference to the coat over time. People sometimes use a CK for use on coats with do not strip out.
  5. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Your baby is adorable,

love the dirty pic ;-)
  6. iamhoffer

iamhoffer New Member

Name:
    Jason
    CaroleC and Azz like this.
    Hi Guys,
    To help you learn how to Groom, Bathe and Strip a Spinone I have uploaded a Spinone specific how to video on youtube. Here is the link: . I really hope you find this helpful. In the video I groom an eleven month old Spinone for the first time.
  7. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Stunning dog :)