Spryfeat Borzoi Experiences

Discussion in 'Borzoi' started by Angelam88, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Angelam88

Angelam88 New Member

Name:
    Angela

Spryfeat Borzoi

Hello everyone. I've been debating going public with this for a while, and I wasn't sure where to post anything, but this seems like a fitting place.

A while ago I visited this breeder and the place was terrible and sad. I'm an animal rights activist, and this definately got to me. I've always been enamored by the breed so I was super excited but now I just feel like I've seen a puppy mill in person and I don't know what to do. There are so so so many dogs there. They all have no escape from the heat they are all dirty and theirfur is all in knots. They didn't even have clean water. The breeder was acting like it wasn't a big deal but they were so miserable. I've always read that the breed is sweet and gentle but mostof hers wouldn't even let me near them. I think if I had gone up to them they would've gotten aggressive but it could of just been that they were desperate for attention. It broke my heart. I pretended like it didn't bother me and I haven't contacted her since but I guess I just needed to get it off my chest. I have never seen what a puppy mill looked like in person and it's so sad. I don't know what else I could do but I hope I can't least raise awareness. These dogs deserve rights and love and care.
    I'm sorry if this doesn't belong here, I just wanted to reach out so maybe these dogs can havea chance at a better life.
    Xxxangela
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I am sorry that your visit to this breeder has upset you so much. This is a UK based site, (though everyone is very welcome), so although I am a hound person, I had never heard of this kennel. However, I have had a look at the beautiful hounds on their glossy website, and find it hard to take in that this could be the same place that you have visited!
    The only suggestion that I can make is that you report your concern to the Breed Welfare Officer of the Borzoi Club of America, Inc. Although this breeder may not be a member, the welfare section should be interested in the breed as a whole. The club has a website, and also a Facebook page.