Staffies - the Most Friendliest Dog! Discussions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by JackRussellsRule!, Mar 30, 2006.

1. JackRussellsRule!

JackRussellsRule! New Member

Name:
    Julie

Staffies - the Most Friendliest Dog!

Aren't they though!!! No wonder their nickname is the 'nanny' dog as they're so great with kids too!

My best mate has a GORG brindle BIG BIG staffie (Diesel) with little white socks!! He near enough suffocates me when he comes for his kisses!! ;-)

I read a great article in the Sponsor a Dog mag (NCDL, if you don't already donate, please do! ;-), it's only a quid a week!) about why they are so good with kids. OBviously, they were bred to fight other dogs (please correct me Staffie owners, if I'm wrong on this one!) but because they would be brought up in big families, they HAD to get along with young children hence the nanny dog!!! Great!!!

It's so funny when we go out with our dogs. Occasionally, a dog will go for Diesel (more often than not, they're terriers too, hmmm!) and he isn't bothered ONE inch, doesn't even flinch!!! He's great!!! My little JRT actually sticks up for him and has to do her little thing and have a little go!!!

Superb dogs, as I'm sure you'll all agree, what with them being the fave terrier of Britain too!!! Or is that the world....... ;-)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Aileen

Aileen New Member

Name:
    Aileen
    Nina M likes this.
    Speaking in my expereince Staffies are majorly friendly dogs - very people oriented.

They like nothing better than having a cuddle and snuggling up beside you. In fact I have a little staffordshire bull terrier cuddled beside me as I type :grin:

You cannot beat the feeling of being welcomed home with a staffie and those big slobbery kisses :lol:

Aileen x
  4. minky

minky New Member

Name:
    Jules
    Nina M likes this.
    Yep, I'll second that! snuggliest, snuffliest doglets and just PERFECT :grin:
  5. Brundog

Brundog New Member

Name:
    Dani
    third it - snuffles smooching and snoring is what they do best !!
  6. Kerrie

Kerrie New Member

Name:
    kerrie
    fourth it staffie kisses are the greatest
  7. Stamford

Stamford New Member

Name:
    Steve
    Perfection personified.Very very people orientated in my opinion.Mine is easily the most demanding in wanting my attention and time out of any dog i have ever owned.He constantly wants to play and cuddle up to you.But best of all,heaven help you if you have to go out and leave him behind!!!!! When you come back in,you could actually believe that you left him for three or four days instead of the half an hour that it actually was.Talk about wet with kisses and that tail???? It looks like his whole rear end is gonna fall off. Yes Staffies are wonderful.
  8. Sal

Sal New Member

Name:
    sally
    Agree with you all,a very people orinated breed :grin:
  9. Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie New Member

Name:
    Anne-Marie
    Must admit I love them too, they always seem to have a wag for everyone! :grin:
  10. Trish

Trish

Name:
    Trish
    Ditto ditto and ditto again!!
  11. Moli

Moli New Member

Name:
    pat
    Must agree with everything everybody has written...Staffies are wonderful little dogs!!!
  12. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Well I have never been into a house or met one in the street that hasnt given me a black eye and a face full of slobber.....black eye from the head coming at you 100mph wanting a kiss.

They are renound for their temprament towards humans I reckon that is why they are so popular. Some time ago my brother climbed in the window after loosing his key (and one too many) the dogs were in the kitchen he fell in the window and said he couldnt get up for 5/10 minutes because they were all over him....LICKING him lol Some bloody guard dogs was his exact words.

There is a saying "if somebody tries to burgle your house the Stafford will let him in then hold the torch as he takes all your goods" just about sums them up for me, not great guard dogs but defo great people dogs. I also believe they are one of the only - if not the only - breed of dog that mentions in the standard they are good with children:) The Nanny Dog as they are known.
  13. JackRussellsRule!

Name:
    Julie

No, they certainly don't like being left on their own!!! They're so social, they have to be with other dogs/people!!! I love me mate's SBT, he's sooo great and we love our cuddles!!! Proper handful he is too!!! ;-)
  14. Vicki6344

Vicki6344

Name:
    Vicki
    Not having experienced this breed first hand, I can only comment on the couple I have met (I always make a beeline for them), but have to say that these few experiences, and the many I have "met" here on DW, just make me ache for one. There are so many I am totally in love with on here......Abbie, Gypsy, Millie, Bruno, Ossie, Ice.....so many others whose name's I temporarily forget. Just waiting for retirement..... :D :D :D

[​IMG]
  15. Honesty

Honesty New Member

Ein loves all staffies, and if they are OK by my dog aggresive terrier, then they are OK by me too! Never met a bad one, I could squeeeeeeze them all day. Never met one that didn't like Ein either, which has shocked a few Staffie owners, as they have said that their dogs usually growl or grumble around other dogs, but wag whenever they see Ein. She has her fave though, an old fella named Jake, he's 12, and going grey, always greats him with a spin and a big wag and jumping, he just snifs and licks her..LOL.

Great dogs, My OH's fave dog too, he's not a yappy terrier person, he loves staffies (makes an exeption for Ein as she's our baby) but other yappy dogs he's not fond of.

STAFFIES ARE SOOOO COOL, GREAT DOGS, just a pity they attract some numpty owners.. (why can't these people think mini yorkies make them look hard, and leave the friendliest dog in the world alone!!!)
  16. Naomi

Naomi New Member

Name:
    Naomi
    Ahhh the Staffordshire Bull Terrier.....my all time fave breed.

All the staffords I owned were rescue ones. My red boy, Jasper, was even a Pets As Therapy dog and used to visit the local school. His fave was visiting the children in the Special Needs classes, gave every single one of them a whacking great big staffy kiss and smile :D They loved him and kept asking when he was going to visit again
  17. JackRussellsRule!

Name:
    Julie
    I saw the most GORG Staffie the other day :smt007 . A bit like the one that one the best in breed in Crufts (a fave of mine and the Whippet was too!). A female, therefore, quite small, all tan and so, so, SOOO pretty!!! Personally, I prefer the females as they tend to be smaller and slightly more defined in a certain way. Love em all though really! Especially my little Diesel, me bessie mate's little beaut who is GREAT with my little JR!!! Big bu**er he is though ;-)
  18. Doggydina

Doggydina New Member

Name:
    Lisa
    Have to agree with all the above ! ! Best dogs ever ! ! My baasby girl is soooo friendly she literally takes folk off their feet trying to get a cuddle ! !

:smt007 :smt007 :smt007 :smt007 :smt007
  19. Trixy

Trixy

Name:
    Jasmine
    They are a lovely breed :) your very lucky members who are owned by such a devoted fellow :)
  20. alexandra

alexandra New Member

Name:
    Alex
    dont get me started!!! until we got china we didnt realise how affectionate they are!!!

weve had dogs growing up and were used to having a cuddle before sleep with a dog, but were totally unprepared for the complete take over of pillows, duvets and bed space. at night she almost ALWAYS gos to sleep with my arm around her, her head on my shoulder snuggled into my neck and her body pressed up against my side and she will sleep the entire night through like that!

she craves cuddles and kisses and i have never seen a hapier dog than a staffy cuddled up asleep!
  21. KatieB_23

KatieB_23 New Member

Name:
    Katie
    That sounds familiar!

I am definitely a Staffie convert! Having grown up with a GSD & a collieXGSD, big dogs like that were my favourite types of dogs by far. But since we got Gadget, I never cease to be overwhelmed at just how loving and affectionate he is! Every time I walk into the room while he's lying on the sofa, he wags his tail and lifts his paw to expose his tummy for a tickle. He's always giving me kisses and always SO pleased to see me (and OH!) its a wonderful feeling. When I come home he wags his tail so hard it throws his little botty from side to side so much he can barely stand up straight! Aw!
    I'm used to dogs that enjoy affection, but also like their own space (ie will get up & walk off when they're bored of being stroked) but with Gadget, it's more likely for your arm to drop off before this would ever happen!