Staffies - the Most Friendliest Dog! Discussions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by JackRussellsRule!, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Honesty

Honesty New Member

saw my 5 staffie friends yesterday, hugged and kissed by them all, though there is one, an 8 month old one that doesn't hug me... She cripples on the floor, litterally melts, rolls over and then grins madly whislt she has a tummy tickle. Her owner (an old lady) said "some gaurd dog you are!" Every time this dog sees me she just melts and whilst she's on her back, she wags her tail furiously, grinding al the dirt into her mostly white body..LOL
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Stamford

Stamford New Member

Name:
    Steve
    Ha Ha Honesty,that sounds exactly like Ossie,We meet up on most days with a bloke with a couple of Collie's.Ossie plays with the dogs for a minute or two,but seems to much prefer the man tickling his belly whilst rolling this way and that way in the mud.
  4. Ella's Mum

Ella's Mum New Member

Name:
    Nazie
    my ellas is babe too ;-) she is 7 now and weve had her since she was 8 weeks she is a real diamond there all the time at my feet she is a mummys girl :grin: im the only one who can make her tail wagg uncontrolable :lol: with just a few words , her loyalty to me is amazing , and that huge staffy smile thet have is great were hoping poppy will turn out the same :grin:
    im a staffy girl through and through :grin: :grin: :grin:
  5. Kelly7

Kelly7 New Member

Name:
    Kelly
    Staffys are wonderfull little dogs awww :)
  6. jacquieanne

jacquieanne New Member

Name:
    Jacquie
    I am soooo pleased to read everyones comments, we have a staffie pup who is a handful. She is a rescue dog who tends to 'see red' at times when she has been play with other dogs and bites if you get in the way, but this is in hand with help from the dogs trust.
    You have all made me feel better, there is light at the end of the tunnel.
  7. jacquieanne

jacquieanne New Member

Name:
    Jacquie
    This thread is full of people who know staffie soplease can someone help.

I have a jack russell/staffie cross (she's more staffie), I am feeding her on a mix winalot puppy tins and pets at home puppy complete biscuits but the amounts on the packaging seems silly, eg if just tins they say 3 1/2 tins a day. Has anyone any advice? :?

Jacquie

ps she is lovely although wild :roll:

[Admin Edit: Please answer this posters question in her own thread here: http://www.dogweb.co.uk/showthread.php?t=38229

Note to poster: We don't allow posting of the same thing in more that one thread (its classed as spam) so this post will be deleted in a few hours times]
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2006
  8. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    they are simply the best dogs in the world
  9. darasa

darasa New Member

Iam a staffie convert too.. the more of them I meet, the more I like them.. even after having my nose broken by Eric:lol: my friends Staffie.. I sat on the floor for kisses.. he came to give me them !!:? :lol: :lol: :lol: as I sat cupping my (very sore)nose he ever so gently turned round and sat carefully on my lap until I stopped groaning .. then kissed me better and better and better..:smt007 I meet loads of them on my daily walks and I love them,, cute, friendly and so enthuisastic.. just trying to work out how to persuade OH that we really need one :cry: he doesn't like dogs much ..maybe I should just come home with one like I did with Miss Poppy:lol: :lol: I'm sure it would win him over....

Rachel
  10. Brundog

Brundog New Member

Name:
    Dani
    i Have to say Rachel - I would love to see you walking a Chi and a staffie together - little and large or what !! its worth it just for the piccy alone !!!

you would never regret getting a staffie - they are the best dogs and like you see would break your nose in their efforts to kiss and cuddle, or youre shins, or your head, or your knee etc etc
  11. denatus

denatus New Member

Name:
    Morten
    I wold say, Staffordshire`s is some wonderfull dogs, but "the most friendliest dog" that i cant say, coz it is so many friendly breeds, but indeed, they are lovly dogs :)
  12. jacquieanne

jacquieanne New Member

Name:
    Jacquie
    Has anyone had a Staffie turn nasty on them? One which hadn't been miss treated. we are still having problems with Ebony and other dogs and with her jumping up at small childre. So much so we can't let her off the lead. We are getting pro help from the Dogs Trust and using a gentle approach but I'm worried in case she turns in the future.

Jack
  13. Zetacharlie

Zetacharlie New Member

Name:
    Cath
    Several of my Jack Russells doggie pals are Staffies- the ones we have met are very friendly, play machines;-)
  14. stella

stella New Member

Name:
    esther
    yes yes yes love staffies der da best :p
    all there big kisses :grin:
  15. karen&henry

karen&henry New Member

Name:
    karen
    yes i agree i have a staffy and hes so loving wants to give you kisses all the time they really are so human they understand so much he is our second staffy and i luv the breed
  16. Billy675

Billy675 New Member

Name:
    Billy
    So, all the kids that they have killed? Yea that proved that they must be great with kids mauling them to death. And if you knock on a door with a staffy inside it nearly breaks the door down. And when it gets out it starts biting you. Yea very bloody friendly.
  17. ninja 2

ninja 2 New Member

Name:
    julia
    :shock: :shock: :shock:
    guess you not met mine nor alot of others then ;-)
    guess you have had some sort of bad experience with them :-o
    really dont get your post :? :?
  18. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci
    :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

There are other breeds statistically more ''dangerous'' than a SBT, you cannot blame SBT's for every child mauling, child killing or any other kind of attack on a human being, as that is simply not true at all.
    Yours is the most ridiculous statement I have ever read and I've read a few.
  19. Brundog

Brundog New Member

Name:
    Dani
    dont feed the nutters !!!

Billy - what a shame that you have never had the blessing to meet our wonderful staffie - mind you with an attitude like yours, and such a closed mind, he wouldnt be wrong to bite you !
  20. karen&henry

karen&henry New Member

Name:
    karen
    Billy............Such a shame that you really do not understand Staffies,you obviously have never had the pleasure of meeting and getting to know a staffie,its people like you who dont even know the breed to give them a bad name,
  21. AllyLambell

AllyLambell

Name:
    closed acct by Ally
    Personally I have never had a Staffie turn on me even whilst at work (I left a few years back now though, no that it is relevent) and don't know of anyone who has been bitten or turned on by one - as a rule they are the most wonderful natured dog hence why they were used as Nursery Dogs by the Victorians. In my opinion only if a dog like this has been abused by people in the past will they show a nasty side to them and hope things can be sorted out.