Staffies - the Most Friendliest Dog! Discussions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by JackRussellsRule!, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Lynne

Lynne New Member

Name:
    Lynne
    I can see where you are coming from but I always feel sorry for the Staffs seeing them not allowed off leads knowing how much energy they have. Most of them on our park never seem to be allowed off lead.This one really is delightful though She is certainly not intimidated of two Danes & a Bordeoux either & they have a blast running about now.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    It is the same old same old the problem is just the owner not the dog.

If you had always had experience of responsible owners you would not have the distrust that you have of Staffords.

As a breed they tend not to be confontational dogs but once they have been attacked they like to get their retaliation in first. There are lots of dogs of all breeds that do the same thing if they have had a bad experience but a DA Stafford is given no lee way and people say its just the breed.

I have seen loads of posts on here about bad experiences with lots of dogs different breeds, sometimes it a Stafford, it will happen.
  4. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    Oh I would love dearly to let mine run free with other dogs but it won't happen except in very special circumstances.
  5. zoe1969

zoe1969 New Member

Name:
    Zoe
    Well being the very proud new owner of my very first Staffie, I can honestly say that she's the friendliest, sweetest dog I've ever met...including out of my other 5 non staffs!! I love them:mrgreen:
  6. Kerryowner

Kerryowner

Name:
    Stephanie
    We met a nice one on the park the other day and Parker was fine with it. I realise now he is not "breed prejudiced" it is just the ones that charge at him he doesn't like. If they were all like this one it would be nice! I like to see him getting on with all dogs.
  7. nyrac69

nyrac69 New Member

Name:
    Nyrac
    Got to say, we keep ours on their lead, mainly because how other people react to them, but we are fortunate to have a large garden where they do amazing moves, for such solid dogs they are so agile, but they are happiest when both of us are settled on the sofa, they cuddle up and sleep (loudly) - never had such loving dogs xx