Staffordshire Bull Terrier Discussions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. IrishEyes

IrishEyes New Member

Name:
    Michelle
    yer i know, and she was like... oh thats good for her she should go for alot more....MY ASS!!! lol
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Anne

Anne Global Moderator

Name:
    Anne
    So if she's that good why arn't they keeping her?
  4. IrishEyes

IrishEyes New Member

Name:
    Michelle
    thats y she so old, they were gunna keep her, but they have to move soon or something. but the she sed 600 squid...tis a bit ott
  5. Naomi

Naomi New Member

Name:
    Naomi
    Wow Anne what a stunning picture of Blade Blade would have been my ideal (after a 'red' of course)

£600!!!!!!!! Flippin heck that's a ridiculous price :shock:
  6. RedDevil

RedDevil New Member

Name:
    Sheldon
    as for putting them together, i suppose it depends on the dogs..

i brought rocky home when barney was 5 months old, they was playing straight away, running round the house nipping each other :)

the only problem i had was when it was bedtime... barney wasnt happy sharing her bed?? (it was too small anyway) i bought a new bed for the pair of them and they both jumped straight in the new bed, they are best mates now :)
  7. metalmorphosis

metalmorphosis New Member

Name:
    Tamsin
    I've seen "rare blue" Staffs in the Exchange & Mart for £850...almost choked on my cuppa!
  8. Moli

Moli New Member

Name:
    pat
    Ive seen blue's advertised for £1000!!!!
  9. KathyM

KathyM New Member

Our rescue staffie (or Irish staffie?) Angus:

[​IMG]

Excuse the shaved patch on his leg - he's sulking because he was neutered the day before this pic :shock: :lol:

[​IMG]
  10. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    He is lovely Kathy. To be honest unless you know his breeding you can never be really sure. If he has no papers/pedigree really he is neither KC nor Irish bred he is just an unpapered Stafford. If you know his pedigree that should tell you what you need to know if not then you can never be sure he is handsome whatever.
  11. KathyM

KathyM New Member

Yes he's unpapered - edited to add: he was a stray in a pound and rescued at the last minute from PTS by a rescue. He had unfortunately been so badly mistreated - his leg was severely fractured and for a long while we thought he would lose it completely. Luckily the little beggar healed all by himself. He's very large for a KC (about 20-21 kgs and 19" neck to tail) so I would imagine he's the result of the many BYBs churning out fake "Irish" staffies, or fake "pit bulls". He could be any one of those three, but he certainly isn't well bred. Still my little love muffin though :oops: :D
  12. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Yep or he could just have been somebody breeding a litter of unregistered Staffords, at least he has a good home now Kathy. He is a handsome lad.

Laura
  13. KathyM

KathyM New Member

Thanks Laura :) Yes, unfortunately where he comes from is like many other areas in the country - rife with people breeding what's "in", and not necessarily well. I won't tell him what you said because he's bigheaded enough :lol:
  14. danielleking804

danielleking804 New Member

im new

sorry this may sound like a stupid question but is a pitbull and a staffordshire terrier the same thing?
  15. Jenny234

Jenny234 New Member

Name:
    Jenny
  16. lovestaffsblu

lovestaffsblu New Member

Name:
    Mandi
    Ya know, I was talking to a breeder the other day and he was saying if you buy a blue irish staff its more likely that its not irish. They are more likely to be continental because blue staffs never came from ireland?
  17. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    LOL, is this for real? Blue is just a colour doesnt matter where Staffords live or were bred it is possible any Stafford anywhere in the world could be blue if it is from parents which carry the blue gene.

Laura
  18. CBT

CBT

Laura is correct, there have been blue staffies in kennel club lines for a long time, way before the term "Irish" staff was ever coined
  19. lovestaffsblu

lovestaffsblu New Member

Name:
    Mandi
    Yeah, I know they come from all over, but if they are not English K.C Reg, he said its more likely not to be irish? I decided not to even go and look at his pups, he never seemed all the ticket, if you know what I mean!
  20. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    I am lost lol. The dog is whatever it's papers say, that is the only way you know for sure. They could be blue KC reg dogs, blue Irish strain dogs or just blue unreg/unpapered Staffords none are any more or less likely than the other. There are a lot of blue Irish strain SBTs mainly coming through the KK/Psycho bred dogs which became very popular...
  21. lovestaffsblu

lovestaffsblu New Member

Name:
    Mandi
    Re: im new

Not any more....Thats what my Staffy books say.

As for the blue staffs, I never had any idea what he meant :?: