Staffordshire Bull Terrier Discussions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. bale844

bale844 New Member

Name:
    JO
    my remi is on the photos page under 'princess blue lunar - remi', your pups so cute already!! jo xx
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Kendo

Kendo New Member

Name:
    Kenny
  4. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    hi kendo

wow i love your new staffy pup! amazing! stunning markings gonna be huge too! hows angel? we need new pics and ur red staff is stunning as ever! can i ask where did u get homer from
  5. Bobby-Digital

Bobby-Digital New Member

Whata abeatiful puppy, one of the nicest i have seen. He looks massive for 12 weeks . hope he turns out as nice as he potentially could.
  6. pennym

pennym New Member

all the pics i have seen on this thread are so cute. brill!
  7. Solidstaffs

Solidstaffs New Member

Name:
    Craig and Lorna
    There are some lovely Staffords here :grin: I figured this thread wouldn't be cmplete without a picture of Floyd :smt023 :grin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:blush: Ok a few pictures :lol: :lol:
  8. minky

minky New Member

Name:
    Jules
  9. Biff

Biff

This is my Biff on xmas day 05 aged 6 months. I know its all guess work, but how big would people say he might get to once he's fully grown. We measured him the other day and he's 17" tall to the top of his back already. He has slowed down now and started to fill out a bit more.

[​IMG]
  10. pennym

pennym New Member

shouldnt get too much taller if he is full pedigree.
    if he a cross though theres no telling.
    he dont look like a cross.
    he is beautiful. :grin:
  11. alexandra

alexandra New Member

Name:
    Alex
    beautiful dog everyone keep em coming!
  12. Biff

Biff

He's a pedigree, but he's not kc registered. I've seen his pedigree papers and the only dog in his line that hasn't been kc registered was his mother, who we've seen and she is a really big girl. To be honest since I last posted he's filling out quite a bit. He's got a really good temperement and he makes us laugh so much. He's great with kids and adults alike, and at the moment he's really good with other dogs, even despite other dogs not taking too much of a fancy to him at times. He just twaddles off from them as if to say, yeh whatever, just try it pal, you dont bother me. He thinks he's lord of the manor sometimes how he poses and stands alert overlooking everything. I wouldn't swap him for the world.
  13. pennym

pennym New Member

hahaha, they are good if they are socialized with other dogs from a young age, its a good idea to take them to puppie classes when they are young.
  14. Biff

Biff

He spends all day while we are at work with his uncle duke an English Bull terrier (ofcourse duke isn't really his uncle), and they are brilliant together. I've posted a few pics of the two of them together in earlier threads, I think thats had a lot to do with him being so good with other dogs. He idolises Duke, he copies off everything he does, sometimes when they both go out for a walk together Biff will sniff where Duke is sniffing, as if he's helping him, even though we're sure he hasn't got a clue what he's doing.
  15. pennym

pennym New Member

thats the best thing to socialize outside the family members because they should get on with dogs they are related to anyway.
    KC has 3 dog friends she aint related to, a jack russell cross the street, and two red staffies, one called harry and the other clint.
  16. paddyeast

paddyeast New Member

Biff he looks a goodun! measure him to the top of his shoulder(not his back)
    they normally grow upwards the first 18 months then fill out, feed him right and run him good and he will turn out a cracker by the looks of him
    He might be ok with other dogs having a go now but as he gets his balls the penny will drop that these other dogs aint playing then you've got your hands full so be prepared!
    how tall was his mum?
  17. snakeylady

snakeylady New Member

As far as I know you cannot register puppies with the Kennel Club unless both parents are KC registered.
  18. Biff

Biff

I know, thats why he isn't KC registered. It seems to me like whoever had biffs mum didn't register the litter she was part of. But like I said I've seen her and she was really nice, so I was happy that he was a pedigree. He isn't going to be shown or used for breeding, so KC registered carried no weight as far as I was concerned.

He's filling out already to be honest. He's taller than a few fully grown staffs he's bumped into already but he's still got plenty of filling out left to do.

Paddyeast, he was introduced to a two year old staff the other day, who was as good as gold with Biff, but then Biff started growling, I thought eh up here we go. He thinks he's a hard nut now does he. I think he can only tolerate Duke. But we can live with that, its a shame, but we're responsible enough to make sure he doesn't approach other dogs off his lead and cause any mischief. I think it was just down to the fact that he was another staffy, a male, and a similar age.
  19. paddyeast

paddyeast New Member

KC papers are just a piece of paper and to be honest if you have no intention to prance round the show ring then they mean [mod edit:bad language removed] all as long as your happy with the lad thats all that matters hes still a pup and you've a long way to go put the hours in with him and biuld up a good bond and make sure you allways get him back on the lead when other dogs are about then its thier problem not yours got to say got a feeling his mum might of not been pure KC
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2006
  20. Biff

Biff

His mum wasn't KC registered. But both of her parents were, so whoever had their litter didn't get the litter KC registered. He's filling out lovely now, and he has stopped growing taller. He's always had big bat ears though so we're just hoping he grows into them a bit more.
  21. deedee

deedee New Member