Staffy Mum Husky Dad Discussions

Discussion in 'Siberian Husky' started by ljru1970, Apr 10, 2012.

1. ljru1970

ljru1970 New Member

Name:
    ljru1970

Staffy Mum Husky Dad

This is a rant! & maybe in the wrong section.

One of my idiotic friends (on a social network) has bred her staffy bitch with a husky! She can't have had the bitch for more than a year either.

What on earth!! Her status reads 'my staffy is pregnant by a husky that will be interesting to see only 4 weeks to wait lol'

Lol!:shock: Yes, I'm sure the emergency section and all that follows will be really funny.

Some people :x
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. TabithaJ

TabithaJ New Member

Name:
    ownedbyayellowlab
    What is it with some people? They seem to think that breeding from their pet dogs is a game!

Rescues are overflowing with Staffies and Staffie X's as it is. Nobody should be breeding from Staffies at the moment!

I don't blame you for being aggravated. Frankly I'm not sure I'd be able to refrain from telling this person what I thought so hopefully you have more restraint than me!
  4. morganstar

morganstar New Member

Name:
    Jacquie
    Beyond belief are these people insane. Poor dog :(
  5. Jet&Copper

Jet&Copper

Name:
    Annette
    I would have to delete her from facebook, I've deleted people for lesser crimes!!! Stupid cow :?
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2012
  6. MarchHound

MarchHound New Member

Name:
    Jeanna
    :( Great - take a breed overflowing in rescues and breed it with a breed that requires a specific high energy home..... Clever.

:(
  7. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Its all in the eyes ..
  8. ljru1970

ljru1970 New Member

Name:
    ljru1970
    I know. I expect money is the motivation.

She is a college/uni friend, so unlike me & my close friends has different values to me when it comes to animals. I may have to 'cull' her from my 'friends' list. Ha ha.

Just the size difference alone is astounding, let alone the mix of the breeds temperaments. You can just imagine the numpties queing up for the 'status' pups.
  9. pippam

pippam

Name:
    n/a
    and slagging your friend makes you such a better person for it, its so easy to do when your hidding behind a computer screen.

Wanting to breed ones dogs is not a crime and its her business, as long as the dogs find nice homes I don't see what the who hare is about. This hardly makes her a bad person now does it? Just ill informed.
  10. Tarimoor

Tarimoor Member

Name:
    Joanne
    Nice! I see lots of problems, no health tests are mentioned, doubt they're in place. Uni, so back up funds available just in case vet treatment is required? Probably not there, I've just had a conversation with a vet friend of mine earlier this evening, people with a bitch in whelp decided to leave it to nature, ten dead puppies later and a very nearly dead bitch which she only managed to revive after twenty mins of treatment and constant vet/nurse assistance, but then hey ho, it's up to anyone hey if they choose to breed puppies :evil:

Unfortunately, it seems to be a popular cross, no idea why, the mix doesn't exactly go together when you look at the different aspects of each breed. Still, some people will do anything for a bit of cash.
  11. Jet&Copper

Jet&Copper

Name:
    Annette
    In what world is it a good idea to breed a staffy with a husky?!?!? Come on that's more than just ill-informed! And I'd say it to her face if she asked my opinion, if it were a friend of mine......otherwise............ DELETED!
  12. TabithaJ

TabithaJ New Member

Name:
    ownedbyayellowlab

Er, do you even know how many Staffies and Staffie mixes are KILLED on a weekly basis....?

And yes, actually - I reckon that it is 'bad' of a dog owner to deliberately bring more pups into the world when that breed/mix of breeds is being euthanised on a daily basis!

But, as so often, your moral compass is SO off the mark that instead of condemning the selfish, careless owner who is breeding, you instead prefer to bash the OP who is simply venting her very understandable frustration!

If you can't contribute anything useful to this thread, then don't bother posting.
  13. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A 30 sec search in rescues ..
    Brought up these

Both of an age when they no longer cute ...
  14. sarah1983

sarah1983 New Member

Name:
    sarah
    In the world of Pippam I guess?

I don't think people even give a thought to the fact a big size difference between mum and dad could cause serious complications for the smaller mum giving birth. I don't think it even occurs to them to be honest.

Either way, I see no reason to cross a staffie with a husky in the first place. What's it supposed to achieve? Other than making the owners a quick buck anyway.
  15. Jeltz

Jeltz New Member

Name:
    Nic
    Personally I'd reply in a concerned style something like.

Ohh poor her, however did that happen. Better have the vet on standby as with a size difference in breeds like that there's a high chance she'll need a caesarian to keep mum and pups alive.

At least then if something goes wrong its clear that a warning was given.
  16. morganstar

morganstar New Member

Name:
    Jacquie
    Not to mention crossing a breed with a high prey drive with a dog with powerful jaws like a staffy.
  17. morganstar

morganstar New Member

Name:
    Jacquie
    Reppied you how anyone can condone this behaviour is totally beyond me. The OP was right to come on here and vent as a site of dog lovers the majority of us would be horrified.
  18. louise!

louise! New Member

Name:
    Louise
    I find this really irratating and wrong too, and one can only hope she already has potential homes lined up for them and the funds to fork out for any potential vet costs or vaccination costs should she have the puppies longer than 8 weeks. I don't blame you for not directly saying something though, facebook is the type of place where you get family members and friends rushing to the defense and all sorts of nastiness and threats can occur.
  19. zoe1969

zoe1969 New Member

Name:
    Zoe
    I agree. If it had been one of my friends I would be on here venting too!!
    I think what Jeltz said is a good idea. OK it may be too late for this time but when those pups come out there going to be lovely and she may be tempted to do it again. If you warn her of the potential problems then you may be able to educate her.
    I also agree the amount of staffies PTS every year is dreadful. We see loads just in our neck of the woods. We started off trying to get them in rescue, but no one wanted them. It was actually making me ill stressing over leaving them in the pound to die as we couldn't rehome them. I had to look into their eyes and leave them to die whilst I got a more "rehomable" dog out to rescue. So for me...anyone who is not a proper breeder who breeds staffies or staffie crosses just annoys me. I think you're absolutely right to be annoyed at your friend. It's irresponsible.....but probably down to pure ignorance.
    Try getting some statistics for her to look at...maybe you'll be able to stop her doing it again xxx
  20. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    So says the person who slags off and has stereotyped loads of different breeds. Pot kettle? :shock:

Legally it isn't a crime but morally it is...there is NO need for this type of cross and I wouldn't like to see this type of dog in the wrong hands. Good luck trying to find good homes for them, too. The only people willing to buy this type of cross will hardly be the responsible type.
  21. Jeltz

Jeltz New Member

Name:
    Nic
    Yes I totally agree but they the intention (in their mind) was probably to combine 2 "badass" breeds to create the ultimate tough dog.