Stay away from this breeder! General Chat

Discussion in 'Pug' started by ssmith80, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    the other thing I would do, is find out if the breeder is a member of any breed clubs I believe the breeder is involved with 2 poss 3 breeds of dog,
    let the breed clubs know you have had a problem..

Ps it wasnt your responsibility to pay for the pups food from 4 to 7 weeks of age, thats the breeders responsibility, a responsibility that last untill whatever age the pup goes to its new home!

Dont quote me but I think to be KC accredited you must keep pups up untill 8 weeks old, must go and check
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. buzzie

buzzie New Member

Name:
    Joan
    I agree that this does not only happen in the mixed designer breeds but pure breeds as well. I find this happening more with people shipping and purchasing their adult or pup over the internet where they make everything look just super.....when it's NOT:x
  4. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel
    I'm so sorry to hear about your pup, I hope she gets what she deserves. How awful for someone who is meant to be 'in the know'.

What's her affix??
  5. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Sorry to hear what you have been through and poor puppy.

Infact, poor any puppy from this breeder by the sounds of things.
  6. rottalmarotts

rottalmarotts New Member

Name:
    Jackie
    I have worked out who you are talking about and I am appalled Rottie Breeders have enough bad press and I would not want to be associated with this type of profiteering. Pugs and Rotts says it all. the popular Rott and the expensive Pug. If I have the right woman she is a Champ show judge as well and I will not be giving her an entry from this Rottweiler Kennel
  7. Jessica

Jessica New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    Im sorry you have had this awful experience :(

I cant say i know the breeder, i only know one person who breeds pugs and rotties and she's not in Lincs and as far as im aware, looks after her puppies very well.

Im appalled that she should think you are responsible for paying for the puppies food, that is madness!!

Also, pugs generally are not ready to go to their new homes until 10 weeks of age, so 8 weeks in my opinion, was too young for the baby to be leaving, and 7 weeks is far too young.

If the person is a member of the Pug Club (or even not!!) i would advise you reporting her to them as they are very strict on breeding practices and would be appalled to hear about this person.
  8. ssmith80

ssmith80

Name:
    Sarah
    Hi everyone, thanks for your replies on this matter. I'm glad to be reassured that I wasnt overreacting. Thankfully my partner Dave is VERY level headed, much moreso than I, and he knew as soon as he saw the dog that it wasn't fit for rehoming or sale. It annoys me that the woman got money out of me for nothing, and it annoys me even more that she didn't care enough about her own puppies to ensure they come to no harm. She blatantly has no interest in being 'straight up' and honest with people who are about to hand her £900 in cash, and for this reason alone she deserves reporting.

Just out of interest, for comparison here are the two puppies... the first picture is the one i turned down because he was tiny and ill, the second picture is of Jack the puppy we went for from another breeder. Note the grey coat of the first dog which is really not normal for pug puppies of this age, also please note how small he is, in that photo he must have been 11 to 12 centimetres long.

This was approximately 5 and a bit weeks old

[​IMG]

This is Jack, just over 6 weeks old

[​IMG]

Here is Jack again...

[​IMG]
  9. Jessica

Jessica New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    You're puppy looks very sweet and happy :)

The grey coat is actually normal for pug puppies (except for the blacks of course!lol). Fawn pugs are born very dark and the coat fades as they get older :)
  10. elaineb

elaineb New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    This is disgraceful practice and sadly on the increase. I think some people see it as a way of getting rich quick and By God if she doles out puppies like that at £900 a pup then she is quids in.
    She should be reported not only to the KC but the RSPCA and anyone else this is downright neglect. Well done you for naming and shaming. If it was me I would sue her in the small claims court for your £150. She clearly did not spend that much on food for a tiny little babe like that. And anyway breeders are responsible for the cost of feeding in the first 8 weeks I'm sure.
    OUtraged!
  11. ssmith80

ssmith80

Name:
    Sarah
    but is it normal at almost 6 weeks old? all other fawn pups ive seen at 6 weeks have been almost completely fawn :\
  12. Fernsmum

Fernsmum New Member

Name:
    Ali
    The grey puppy looks a poor soul :-(
  13. ssmith80

ssmith80

Name:
    Sarah
    Here's my first boy at 6 weeks... not a grey hair in sight

[​IMG]

I was very very shocked at how under-developed her pug puppy actually was. It was only after a HUGE argument with her that she even admitted to me that he was small for his age, being small was the least of his worries if you ask me. All she kept saying was that 'her vet says hes healthy' .... well sorry, but being half the size he should, taking into consideration his fur hadn't properly developed, he couldnt walk properly AND his palette looked completely screwed up... Her vet should have gone to Specsavers!!!!
  14. Chow

Chow New Member

Name:
    Shirley
    Well done ssmith80,
    It must have been so hard to walk away for the poor little pup.
    I wonder who has him now?
    I don't know how people like this sleep at night.
    It would eat at me that this thief has got my money.
    I would go to trading standards and report this women to the KC.
    Chow
  15. Jessica

Jessica New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    Its called "smutty" fawn. Nothing wrong with it, just not as desirable for most people as the clear fawns :) Its also called Silver sometimes.

Here's an adult from lovely google

[​IMG]
  16. ssmith80

ssmith80

Name:
    Sarah
    Thanks for the pic :)

Yeah I know that you can get smutty fawns that a lot of people try to pass off as a rare silver, :lol:, just another one of the breeders little cons!

I've also seen people in the UK advertising chocolate brown pugs and undoubtedly some other breed has been introduced somewhere down the line. :roll:

What concerned me with this little one was that he didn't even have a HINT of the fawn colouring, not 1 tuft. I saw him at 6 to 8 weeks and he was pencil-lead grey. A friend of mine pretended to be a potential buyer and went back there at 10 weeks to see what state he was in, she told me he was exactly the same, still VERY tiny, and still completely grey. It just seemed like he wasn't developing, hence me thinking he had something wrong with him. I mean... the pup could barely walk properly or focus on things, which for 10 weeks old is pretty bad IMO. I know you get runts in litters but surely he should have had more 'about him' than that :(
  17. Jessica

Jessica New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    If he couldn't walk at ten weeks thats very worrying :( You cant really see him too well in the pic, and obviously its hard to tell from a picture what state he's in, but he doesnt look right in it. But still, an unscrupulous breeder will sell him for a fortune, they always manage to..

The "chocolate brown" pugs are just badly bred black ones :lol: If you mix fawn and black you very often get blacks that look brown - nothing rare about those and yet people will shell out a fortune for them!

Im still waiting for the latest craze in America to hit us - Brindle pugs!! Supposedly purebred... :lol:
  18. ssmith80

ssmith80

Name:
    Sarah
    HA yeah i've heard all about the brindle pugs. It's blatantly an introduction of the french bulldog somewhere in the line and I dont understand why anybody would pay over £1000 for a crossbreed. I have nothing against crossbreeds but these breeders are so greedy and some people can be so gullible.
  19. mac82

mac82 New Member

Name:
    mac82
    for anyone interested have just looked at 2 websites and found this particular individual is involved breeding cavalier king charles, griffon bruxelloise (spelt right?i doubt it!!), pugs and rotties.
    am always heart broken to hear how appallingly some people abuse such a precious thing as life.
  20. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    I'm surprised that anyone would consider buying a toy breed puppy at 8 weeks of age. They really should be 12 weeks & the smaller the breed the older the puppy should be.

I would never pay a non refundable deposit for a puppy. i did pay a fully refundable deposit for Roodee, because the breeder didn't know me from adam & i only found her from knowing her bitches breeder through obedience. If we hadn't wanted Roodee(which was never going to happen)we would have had the deposit returned in full. if we get another puppy from the breeder we won't have to pay a deposit as we now know each other very well !