Storage Questions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by Heather Barcoe, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Heather Barcoe

Heather Barcoe New Member

Name:
    Hev
    Brunniebabe likes this.

Storage

what do people use to store dry food?
    Any containers?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Brunniebabe likes this.
    I keep sacks of food in the under stairs cupboard, but I fill plastic containers, (holding about ten pounds), which live in a kitchen base unit. You can buy metal dog food bins with loose lids, but I like the flip tops on the plastic ones.
  4. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Brunniebabe likes this.
  5. Brunniebabe

Brunniebabe New Member

Name:
    Gail
    Bruno had his own cupboard for his accessories and food and I always kept the food in their bags but also 3 different labels of the 3 flavours at the front of the cupboard as his food was weighed weekly and stored in freezer bags with seals and lined up by each flavour.
  6. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Brunniebabe likes this.
    I use a food grade, airtight, heavy duty plastic container, with a rubber gasket. Mine will hold a 30 lb bag of food. I wash them out periodically. These keep the food very fresh, and the dogs can’t help themselves to the bag... I live in the US but I’d imagine you can find something similar in the UK, or order from amazon, chewies or similar site 9DFED097-42C2-423D-B443-AEC5B96CAEB0.jpeg 0198D172-7651-4A51-A4AD-7677130B49CF.jpeg
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Brunniebabe likes this.
    All dry food [kibble] and treats should be kept in air-tight sealable containers where any rodents and/or insects cannot get at them.