Story about a cavalier king charles spaniel General Chat

Discussion in 'Cavalier King Charles Spaniel' started by chelsea, Oct 16, 2007.

1. chelsea

chelsea New Member

Name:
    Jean

Story about a cavalier king charles spaniel

I saw this on another Forum had to post it,its starts of sad but will let you read on.To a happy ending

Matters of conscience
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A dog loving friend visited this morning and related a rather distressing account of what she witnessed on late evening walk yesterday. As she passed a particular house not far from her own, she heard a loud whimpering coming from the garden area. She used her torch to investigate further by looking over the fence where she saw a young Cavalier puppy sitting shivering outside a small kennel. She was desperately worried and approached the owner. Using as much diplomacy and tact as she could she informed her of the puppie's distress and enquired if he was just out there to do business!(But thinking otherwise)
    The owner simply replied that this was where he belonged - in his kennel and that he was just getting used to it. She left the house and says that she couldn't sleep from worry. She is frightened of repercussions should she report this, with the owner living so close by. She says the puppy was also in the garden looking totally lost this morning. Now, perhaps you will think we are both over-reacting, but personally The isolation alone for this little puppy must be terrible. I am now also distressed and very concerned. It brings tears to my eys just thinking of him.

Next bit

My poor distraught friend says that she cannot stand the stress of the knowledge she holds any longer and has been round again to the owner and taken her husband with her for support. They advised her that although they wished her no harm or trouble, that if she didn't want to keep the puppy indoors that they would be delighted to have it, and if not she was leaving them with no option but to report her. She admitted that the puppy was a surprise gift, but an unwanted one, so guess what? She handed him over without further ado, signing her full permission on paper in case of any outcome. He is a little darling apparently and is off to the vets for a thorough check-up tonight. What a lovely ending and I have to say I am totally relieved. I felt such a strong urge to go there myself after hearing the story first and would not have let the sun go down on today without knowing the problem had been solved. My friend is bringing him to see me tomorrow. Can't wait, especially as I am already getting excited at the mere prospect of aquiring a little B&T as soon as a reputable breeder can be found.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Lorna

Lorna New Member

Name:
    Lorna
    I'm glad the story had a happy ending, my eyes were welling up reading that!
  4. Dolly

Dolly New Member

Name:
    Mary
    What a fantastic outcome for that poor little dog, brilliant.
  5. chelsea

chelsea New Member

Name:
    Jean
    Yer me to gald it had a happy ending my eyes were filling up as well
  6. Lara'sYorkies

Lara'sYorkies New Member

Name:
    Lara
    What a sad story, but so glad it ended well.
  7. Fudgeley

Fudgeley New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Happy ending, I`m, so relieved. i hate reading these stories as Often they end in tragedy. great to read one that was resolved.
  8. shaza

shaza New Member

Name:
    Sharon
    Sad story - but a lovely happy ending - lucky pup finding someone to care for him :grin:
  9. Inca

Inca New Member

Name:
    Mrs G
    happy days ...........
  10. Lozzy100

Lozzy100 New Member

Name:
    Lozzy
    good for her...sooooo glad it has a happy ending :)
  11. Trixybird

Trixybird New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    Love happy endings :grin:
  12. wendyann

wendyann New Member

Name:
    Wendy
    Have tears after reading that, how could anyone treat a little dog like that? unwanted gift or not. Thank god there was a happy ending or would have been on the next plane over!! x
  13. maddmaggie

maddmaggie New Member

Name:
    margaret
    i also read that and the other stories about cavaliers on that site at least there was a happy ending to that story, but the lady whos aquiring a b & t as soon as she can find a breeder needs to be really careful and to make sure that she sees the certificates for the heart and eye checks.