Support needed for Sky_high_bluest and Saffie Controversial

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by Sara1210, Feb 12, 2007.

1. sky_high_bluest

sky_high_bluest New Member

Name:
    dave
    I already have took there names and numbers! but thanks for the advice! I also had time for a chat with them about the whole thing. there are 5 dog handlers who have had this training course from a chap from the MET' they still have 200 calls to make, and, in there own words, "the sad thing is we can't take a dogs temprament in to account it's all based on size!" although saffie was boarder line they were happy that she was a well trained pup and would cause no harm if her training was continued along the same lines! needless to say I am very proud of my little girl!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Stamford

Stamford New Member

Name:
    Steve
    Fantastic news,Congratulations

I am so pleased for you Sky High.Well done on keeping your cool and well done Saffie too.
  4. Toby

Toby New Member

Name:
    Janet
    Brilliant News :grin:
  5. sky_high_bluest

Name:
    dave
    just a little reminder! please don't forget there are still a hell of a lot of owners who still need our surpport with this! please don't forget them!
  6. Sara1210

Sara1210 New Member

Name:
    Sara
    Congratulations, that is the best news i have heard in ages ;-) Well done to you and saffie for keeping your cool :grin:
  7. sky_high_bluest

Name:
    dave
    Sara I would like to say thankyou to you! you started this thread and thanks to you I have recived countless notes of surpport! YOU MY DEAR ARE A TOP GIRL! if I could! myself, saffie, my wife, and all 3 kids would give you the biggest hug!:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
  8. Stamford

Stamford New Member

Name:
    Steve
    They won't be forgotten,there is still a huge campaign going on and letters are still being sent to MP's up and down the country.DNB still have their day of action on the 24th.
  9. Sal

Sal New Member

Name:
    sally
    Any news on Blue,Saffie's brother?
  10. sky_high_bluest

Name:
    dave
    his case is in court on the 28th of this month so hopfully my news today will help him!
  11. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    I don't think you go into being a dog handler of any sort unless you love dogs and perhaps we have discounted just how bad these handlers are feeling about this? They are doing their job and they surely must see the pain that it is causing? We can bad mouth them all we like, but they ,from what you have said Sky high,obviously do care and are aware....
  12. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    I think we need a seperate thread with a list of helpful hints for people who may be targeted by the police something on the lines of
    'What to do if your dog is reported'
    'Should you hand it over voluntarily or wait for the police to come' and add some researched advice
    Make sure you are familiar with the DDA and the 1997 amendment. (post a link to the relevant sections
    Then some general suggestions to help...

...Try to keep calm, it may be difficult but it is the best way to help your dog . Remember your fear can be transmitted to your dog.

...Be polite to the police, remember they are doing a job and will be far more likely to view your dog favourably if you are co operative.

...If your dog is cleared make a note ot the time/date/officers name.

...Maybe someone can start the thread, I have work today.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2007
  13. griff

griff New Member

i am thrilled to hear saffie got the all clear:grin: :grin: hope you can get back to normality now and enjoy the company of your beautiful dog:)
    i haven't read all the way through but i was wondering if saffie is cleared does that help her brothers case???
    mini i think the idea of a piece about what to do if the please turn up is fantastic, i don't know enough about it to do it myself but i never put my name to a piece of paper tht has anything to do with the police unless my solicitor is there(long story) but i am sure that people will just do as the police say:?
  14. SBT

SBT New Member

Name:
    SBT
    Great news, congratulations:grin:
  15. Trish

Trish

Name:
    Trish
    What great news to hear!:mrgreen:
  16. wufflehoond

wufflehoond

Name:
    XXXXX
    Thrilled to hear the great news. So pleased for you all.:grin:
  17. Vodka Vixen

Vodka Vixen New Member

Name:
    Jules
    Fantastic news!!!! what a relief, you had us all going there ;-) So pleased :mrgreen:
  18. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Ripsnorterthe2nd New Member

Name:
    Emma
    Thank God for that, so very pleased for you both. :D
    Surely your result can only spell out the same result for Blue and his owners? How on earth can they pass one littermate and not another? :?
  19. Vodka Vixen

Vodka Vixen New Member

Name:
    Jules
    Surely they have to drop the case now?????
  20. mattandflyte

mattandflyte New Member

Name:
    matt
    fantastic news

good luck with blue

lets keep campaining and get these dogs safe

regards

matt
  21. muttzrule

muttzrule New Member

Name:
    Rachael
    Fantastic news! What a relief!

My thoughts and prayers are still with those other owners going through similar turmoil right now.

It just isn't right!