Tell me about Spinones! General Chat

Discussion in 'Italian Spinone' started by peedie, Jul 30, 2010.

1. peedie

peedie New Member

Name:
    Kirsten
    You're not selling them to me:lol: Literally, drool dripping of the ceiling?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    Maybe Fable Isnt like other Spinones but he doesnt drool :lol: Just gets a gruby wet beard
  4. jan@pembs

jan@pembs New Member

Name:
    jan
    Yep ... mix a spin with a bowl of water. add a good head shake for good measure and wella !!!

Slobber strings from the kitchen beams :lol: :lol: :lol:
  5. peedie

peedie New Member

Name:
    Kirsten
    Oh no, I might have to reconsider! I don't think I could cope with that! My viz gets a wet beard after a drink but no slobber or ceiling decoration ha ha!
  6. rw3272

rw3272 New Member

Name:
    Rachael
    They vary hugely in the amount they slobber. Some can rival a mastiff... most are only really slobbery around food (especially training with treats). Most will send the occasional "slinger" that sticks to the walls/ceilings!

If you really dont do slobber/drool at all then I would look elsewhere. Otherwise just get yourself a slobber cloth and some washable paint and enjoy a lovely, laid back companion.

Rachael
  7. peedie

peedie New Member

Name:
    Kirsten
    Think I need to meet some in person :) Haven't seen any near me though! Not even sure if there are any in Orkney...
  8. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    aw shame your so far from us, or you could have visited our lad!

Fable really never drools, he gets a mucky wet beard after a drink or a swim and then of course when he shakes you need to duck for cover. As a younger dog he did drool slightly mainly at training classes for the treats. But again that was nothing to bad, soon wiped off with a doggy hand towel.
  9. Spinonelover

Spinonelover New Member

Name:
    Lilysmum
    Hi I have had 4 spins and they are soooo lovely I have Lily who is 3 and Moss who is 2.Moss is not keen on children but Lily loves every one animal or human and she lives to eat.
  10. roxi

roxi New Member

Name:
    Hayley
    I don't own one, but i absolutely love them....when researching our number 3 dog, we seriously considered getting one, we ended with a smooth Viz.
    But i would definitely like to think i would have one in the future ;)
  11. Harley & Me

Harley & Me New Member

Name:
    Rose
    They are lovely dogs, my friend had one and they are such lovely dogs and are also great with children.

Here are a few photos of my friends dog

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry I can't help more but thought you might like a few pictures. I see from your profile you already own a gundog breed so I'm sure you wouldn't struggle with this breed either. I know there is lots of info on the net about these lovely breeds though!
  12. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Ripsnorterthe2nd New Member

Name:
    Emma
    Just wanted to add to this - my friend and her Spinone recently attended their 3rd Pointing Test and out of a total 13 HPRs, her Spin was one of only 2 to be graded "Very Good". Just goes to prove there are some strains of IS that are still capable of working. He's certainly very, very prey driven and it's taken her a lot of hard work to get him steady and even now he's not 100% on Pheasants. He can also jump 4 bar gates! :shock:

You definitely need to meet some! :lol: They're a lovely breed and as people have said, most are soft as muck. But the slobber is unbelievable!!!!!! If it wasn't for the slobber I might consider owning one one day, but I just couldn't cope with the mess. Think I'd rather get a hairier HWV! :lol:

BTW I've found that the Bitches are a lot better than Dogs in the slobber department! ;)
  13. peedie

peedie New Member

Name:
    Kirsten
    Thanks :) I actually met one at an obedience comp! He did really well. He was lovely but as you say Pidge, I don't think I could cope with the slobber. Hairier HWV for me too ha ha!
  14. one.eyed.dog

one.eyed.dog New Member

Name:
    Ellie
    My next dog is definatly going to be a Spinone. Lottie was meant to be one but, I got sidetracked on a recue forum and ended up with a wirehaired pointer. Very similar looking.
    I have wanted one for about 6 years now. Ever since I met one.