Terrier Group Winner 2011 Showing

Discussion in 'Terrier Forum' started by Kazz, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Kazz

Kazz New Member

Name:
    Karen

Terrier Group Winner 2011

Wire Haired Fox Terrier Group 1
    Airedale Group 2
    Staffordshire Bull Terrier Group 3
    Norwich Group 4

Well done all.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Kerryowner

Kerryowner

Name:
    Stephanie
    I "knew" the WFT was going to win!

I liked the Kerry (obviously!) but thought there had been better examples of the breed in the group at Crufts before.

Surprised the Staffy got placed as looked very ill at ease when being walked with her handler for the judge. I thought it was mainly about "showmanship" at this level?
  4. Kazz

Kazz New Member

Name:
    Karen
    I thought she looked ill at ease too but only saw what the camera's showed.....
  5. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    The Stafford is so much nicer in the flesh than she looked on screen.

She is only a young bitch and the handler is the owner not a professional handler.

That dog will be going home and likely be sleeping on the bed with her family.
    Crufts should be about fit healthy dogs with great confirmation not showmanship.

I have noticed over the years that the Staffords never look as good on the screen as they do in the flesh/.
    Even Cassanova who won best of breed 3 times at Crufts and is the breed record holder, he was a stunning dog but never looked as good on that screen.
  6. Kerryowner

Kerryowner

Name:
    Stephanie
    Agree that it is nice that this dog is a pet but I still thought that at this level they would need that sparkle and showmanship to win as well? This is certainly what Frank Kane was saying and he is judging best in show next year.
  7. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    Well next year it will be Frank Kane's decision, this year I am glad the BIS and Terrier group judge used a different criteria and went for fit healthy happy looking dogs.
  8. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    I thought she was a lovely little girl, just got a bit over whelmed by the bright lights..

Bless her