The journey of Cash - my Hovawart Photos

Discussion in 'Hovawart' started by Dogloverlou, Mar 16, 2014.

1. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    A large mirror can be a big help for practising your move and stack at home. Doesn't help for when all common sense drains out of your brain in the ring though!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Thank you Vee. I like the idea of putting a cue to the faster pace. Will have to start practising. Currently all I really say to him is 'calm' lol, when he gets a bit to bouncy. I too only use his show lead for actual showing.

Well, according to one other onlooker last weekend she thought the handler was moving to slow for him. The handler knew he wasn't moving correctly, but when she did try to move him a bit faster he got excited and threw his movement completely, so she agrees he needs work/practice with her in future before going straight into the ring.

Agreed about the handler. I don't want to get back in the ring before I know I'm in control and calm & collected, otherwise Cash is sure to go and pick up on my nerves. I think the very act of me using a handler though comes across like I'm taking it far more seriously and 'professionally' then what the others claim to be ( even though they're all more competitive than me I'd say lol )

The mirror is definitely a good idea! I'm always having to peek down and around him to make sure his feet are all lined up. However, the handler did say his stand was good and if is slightly out of place she just places his legs. But ideally they're not manipulated into position so we can always work on our stands.
  4. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    And just because, here is the handsome lad himself :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Cash is a very handsome dog you must be very proud of him
  6. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    6JRT's likes this.
    He has his moments, but yes I am :)
  7. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    And one of him attempting the scale during practice.

[​IMG]
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Louise, you have a dog to be proud of. To my mind W. Trials is the king of dog sports, I just wish I was young enough to start with another puppy. I'm looking forward to hearing that you are doing at least an Intro soon. (Banbury is a good one).
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Handsome? Cash is gloriously handsome and it is so good of you, Louise, to have posted pictures of him since even before you were able to bring him home. Seems like only yesterday and it has been and is so nice to see him grow and develop.

Going back to my original pun, please pat Cash for me! :oops:
  10. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Thank you Carole & Malka :)

I'm hoping to go straight for CD Carole, but we shall see. I wanted to try for September but I don't think we'll quite be ready. He's currently only scaling about 4 1/2ft and I don't want to rush this exercise. I've heard Banbury is a good trial a few times now :)
  11. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    6JRT's and CaroleC like this.
    Attended a small local fun show today. Cash did brilliant ( although I kept his head collar on for added control ) and the judge seemed to really like him. However we didn't place as the judge &steward didn't know what he was. My dad overheard them talking to the photographer that he was to 'rare' to judge. But, we had fun all the same :)
  12. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Well done, the more exposure he gets the better and will help build up your confidence.
  13. David Hernandez

David Hernandez New Member

Name:
    David Hernandez
  14. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Still patiently waiting for the write up from Bham National. So annoying they don't release them quicker in most instances.
  15. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    I had a look today , still not up yet!! It's such a shame when they don't post them up sooner,

What's his show name, will have a look in our dogs too
  16. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Yes I've been checking Dog World too, but nothing as of yet as you say.

His name is Bergenhovs Jackpot. Thanks for checking.
  17. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    I renamed the thread @Dogloverlou - hope that's ok :) (Previous title was 'New Puppy!!")

I think it's brilliant being able to follow his journey in this thread :mrgreen:
  18. Benjamin1995

Benjamin1995 New Member

Name:
    Benjamin
    I recommend stacking in front of a mirror. He has grown to be a very handsome boy. You should be proud of him. He is gorgeous! I'm glad to hear you are going to shows. He is a looker. I'd love to see some pictures of him in the ring. Those would be awesome.
  19. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Azz likes this.
    No problem. Thank you :)
  20. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    His critique is in this weeks dog world, page 73 ' tried to cut and paste but can't!
  21. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Is that the one listed as June 17th on their website?