Thinking of adopting a Foxhound x Questions

Discussion in 'Foxhound' started by aliwin, Aug 1, 2009.

1. aliwin

aliwin New Member

Name:
    ali

Thinking of adopting a Foxhound x

Hi all,

I am thinking of adopting a foxhound x ??? puppy from a rescue. I already have a gsdxbc. Is there anything I need to extra aware of with this breed as I don't know anyone who owns one?

I have heard they can be stubborn to train, are intellegent but make good pets.

Any experiences or thoughts of foxhound as breed would be really welcomed.

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Freyja

Freyja New Member

Name:
    Helen
    I don't know a lot about foxhounds but this lady breeds and shows them. If you contact her and ask for advise she would be able to help you.

http://www.dazzlebyfoxhounds.co.uk/
  4. Haughmill

Haughmill New Member

Name:
    Cazz
    Hiya
    If you want to you can contact me at
    haughmill@hotmail.co.uk

Haughmill Foxhounds & Haughmill German Shepherds
    Over 30 years experience
  5. mad4foxhounds

mad4foxhounds New Member

Name:
    jackie
    hi aliwin,
    if your looking of getting a foxhound please contact the dazzleby kennel, she knows what she is talking about when it comes to the breed, she doesnt bred for money only have a few planned litters only when a list of homes have been checked,
    i have owned six foxhounds over the years either from show stock, from hunts or private breed (these are ones that some person have thought that it would be a good idea to breed and not hunt or tattoo them)
    i also run Foxhound welfare, and am known by the two main Kennel club registered Breeders, and have worked hard to get this breed Good press,
    if your wanting to know more about the breed please and have a day free i recomend visiting discover dogs in november at earls court its a fab day out and you will get to meet the breed in the paws,
    or please visit
    link removed
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2010
  6. Navajo

Navajo New Member

Name:
    Navajo
    Having walked several foxhounds for the hunt, you really are going to have your hands full!!!

They are a into everything, steal everything, chew everything, selective hearing (assuming it's an English Foxhound x - the Welsh are very much their own dog and much harder to control and train), they will go off and hunt and don't understand the meaning neighbours or neighbouring farmers land.

If you have the time to give the dog then by all means go for it, they are soft, friendly, loving, loyal and affectionate dogs :)