Training Our New Cavoodle Moxie Training

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by zneve08, Oct 27, 2018.

1. zneve08

zneve08 New Member

Name:
    Zack

Training Our New Cavoodle Moxie

When we first got Moxie (our cavoodle) home she was PERFECT for about 1 night. She didn't cry or go to the toilet in the middle of the night and we thought that we had some how found the miracle puppy. Come night 2 and she's peed about 3 times on the carpet and continued to do so all week. After our bedroom carpet was completely ruined we decided that was enough and we needed help.

I've never owned a puppy before, but I used this guide online to help me crate train Moxie and help her adjust to her new environment. 5 months later and Moxie is an absolute dream, she has not peed on the carpet in a few months now, and she enjoyed 2 regular beach walks per day with us. If you're a new parent like I was and are struggling with your Cavoodle or any puppy for that matter, check out this resource.

Post your comments or questions below, I hope I can help!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Chris B likes this.
    Glad you have solved your problem. When I bred Cavaliers they usually picked up housetraining very quickly, lots of mine were already clean when they went, - as long as their owners gave them frequent enough opportunities to 'go' of course.
    Don't overdue the exercise with your puppy - 5 minutes per month is the usual guide for lead walking. Free running doesn't count as long as your puppy doesn't become too tired, and always allow for the walk home!
    Welcome to the forum, and good luck with Moxie.