UK Czech wolfdog breeders General Chat

Discussion in 'Czechoslovakian Wolfdog' started by wolfdogsteve, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    I mean a dog free country i.e. no dogs because no one could afford to buy one and people would therefore stop breeding except those that want to make money.
    I wouldn't want to live in a country that penalised me because I don't have high wages it does that enough as it is!
    Becky
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. zero

zero New Member

They are not a wolf hybrid.

If anyone would like to educate themselves about Czechoslovakian wolfdogs you can search for wolfdog.org and do alot of reading and please say that they are a wolf hybrid there and talk to many of the very knowledgable and sensible owners.

It's great that in this country the chavs and other idiots can ruin something for everyone because in so many countries across Europe they are a long standing recognized breed and live as any other.

Yes they require more knowledge than some breeds but there are so many breeds that fall into that catergory.

I'm not having an opinion one way or the other on if they should be here or not but I believe if you are to have a strong opinion one way or the other you should know everything there is to know about the breed, the people that own them and how they live.

If the Kennel Club had of thought this way throughout the years we wouldn't have so many of the breeds here we have today including GSD's etc or anything bigger than a poodle.

By not allowing the breed as an official breed here I believe it fuels the fact that there are people churning out crosses in an attempt to acheive something similar, what is worse?...an official breed that fits KC standards that would appeal to many people for the right reasons or people churning out wolf x this or that that appeals to the wrong sort of people because it is something they shouldn't have.

Anyway been here before.

For what ever reason these threads are started I hope it results in one good thing which would be for people to go and learn more about the dogs.
  4. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    So you're saying that this breed has never, at any stage in its development, had a wolf input?
    Becky
  5. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    I used the term wolf hybrid as that is the term that DEFRA uses in repsect to this and other types of 'wolf dog' Mys.
  6. zero

zero New Member

Of course I am not...to say so would mean I know nothing about them :)

You will find out so much more if you visit wolfdog.org and ask the difference :)
  7. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    But if they have any wolf in their history then under the terms of the DWA you need a licence and this is even less likely to change than repealing the DDA.
    Becky
  8. wolfdogsteve

wolfdogsteve New Member

Name:
    Steve
    ALL dogs have wolf blood... they are the same species!!! The Shikoku (Japanese wolfdog) doesn't come under the DWA regulations, although it is a wolfdog, as is the German Shepherd, And just about all the sled dogs
  9. zero

zero New Member

DEFRA may well class them under the same umbrella but can you actually point out where they call them directly a hybrid? I have read the defra report on all animals needing a dangerous wild animals license I can't pin point where they refer to them as a hybrid. The problem is they put them in the same category as hybrids. The way their ruling is that a dog with even just over 1% wolf blood and a straight wolf hybrid (a dog and a wolf first generation cross) are to require the same license, (there is a huge difference) which is what many find hard to swallow when they have been an official and recognised breed of dog for a long time in many countries.

To add they didn't decide on this ruling until after the KC had welcomed them into the country with DEFRA's go ahead!
  10. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
  11. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=42332
    We did this not so long ago didn't we? Here's the thread for the newer members as otherwise we will all just start repeating ourselves. It is a very good read, interesting and informative...the GSD issue is addressed on it as well.
  12. canarydog

canarydog

Name:
    dave
    your right it probably wouldn't work
  13. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Umm just wanted to say that raising dog prices up will probably leave ONLY the chavs etc being able to afford them.. The people who fight their dogs seem to have more money than the normal dog loving people!!