Unusual NI on rescue site General Chat

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by magpye, May 15, 2009.

1. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I wonder when the breeder started adding the CED...?? According to the old website, they haven't a new one have they? The wording suggested that some of the dogs were not NIDs. So, I wonder if the CED was added some time back........
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private

But if the dogs are so closely related, surely such a 'throw back' would not be exclusive to this one breeders dog:?:
  4. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison
    http://www.huskycolors.com/piebald.html

some of these have similar markings
    scroll down and look at Mark and Tango, spotty markings, so the spotty, along with the blue eyes could have come from sibe in the NI
  5. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Thanks for the link xxx
    It would be nice to know one way or another though.
  6. dogloverr

dogloverr

Name:
    mark
    good link. it would appear anyone suggesting you don't get this colour coat in sibes is very wrong.
  7. MickB

MickB New Member

Name:
    Mick
    Not necessarily. One of the dogs in the link above looks like a pretty dodgy cross and the other isn't really clear enough to see whether it is actually "blue ticked."
    If they do occur in sibes, it is very very unusual and not something I have seen in the UK (I won't say "rare" or some puppy farmer will start breeding them deliberately). Judging by the whole "look" of the dog that started this thread, I would still suspect ACD involvement somewhere down the line.

Mick
  8. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison

Is one of these Mahlek Thunderstorm?
  9. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    The add is as it is above ref no names for the dogs.
  10. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private

Thanks for your opinions ref the colouring. I guess we will never know, for sure, where the colouring has come from.
  11. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison

I agree with you on that, don't think we will

I think the dog in the Chimayo stud dog ad is Mahlek Thunderstorm, I have a pic of him somewhere will try to find it, he is a very handsome, striking looking dog
  12. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    You mean the third dog? The two pics I have put on, are two of the dogs advertised, there was no pic of no 3.
  13. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison

the first pic, not 100% on this as I can't find the photo I took of him, was about 2 computers ago so I may not still have it :grin: perhaps someone else will know this dog

edited to add, have now found a pic, sorry it is blurred, looks like the same dog to me

Mahlek Thunderstorm

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2009
  14. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    I've never seen a NI with that colouring before, hope he gets his forever home soon x
  15. queenwillow

queenwillow New Member

Name:
    tracey
    stunning boy:grin:
  16. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private

Thanks for the pic:grin:

He is a blue eyed patchy dog, can't see any spots on him though. He could go on that older NID pic thread Ali.
  17. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Thats the same dog as in the earlier post.
  18. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison
    yes he is, I can't remember quite how we got to this dog, but he is very handsome,

and from what I remember he has mottling on some of the lighter areas of his coat
  19. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I would still be interested to know where the spots come from in this breeders dogs and why they have not appeared in any other breeding.
  20. magpye

magpye New Member

Name:
    Taz
    Looks like he's blue eyed as well. I still think he is an amazing looking dog. But clearly more than Malamutes, huskies and GSD in there!

I thought maybe cattle dog or even pointer mixed in? But then all sorts have been allegedly mixed in with the NIs along the way... Just shows you every now and then it certainly throws up an absolute stunner! No mistaking this boy for a wolf though, so not in the 'best interests of the breed' so to speak given that wolf looking is the aim.

What a shame this beautiful boy has ended up so shy and nervous and in rescue.
  21. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    He looks a lot like 'Buck' to me.