Unusual NI on rescue site General Chat

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by magpye, May 15, 2009.

1. Heather and Zak

Heather and Zak New Member

Name:
    heather
    I thought of Buck when I saw the pics maybe if related to buck the mottling in the coat could come from somewhere in bucks parentage.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    Well Buck's a piebald husky and if you look on this thread you will see a speckled one, think its called 'blue spot' 5th row down. :002:

http://www.huskycolors.com/piebald.html

Also 2nd from the bottom is speckled
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2009
  4. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    That is a great link Liz. I see Tango near the bottom has spots. I certainly don't think that that is what we (royal) , should be breeding now though, ref the NID but having said that, the Chimayo breeder is not calling her dogs NIDs so I guess it is up to her what she breeds for and from whom.
  5. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Where is Mick, will be interesting what he makes of some of the dogs in the link.
  6. magpye

magpye New Member

Name:
    Taz
    what an interesting site! The agouti seem to be the most wolfy looking dogs I have seen! http://www.huskycolors.com/agouti.html
    but I have never seen any of these more odd colours in the UK siberians, must be a US thing maybe?
  7. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Gorgeous, the contrast of colour ref eyes and coat on the first one is stunning. Jasmini reminds me a little of Shunka ref marking and colour.
  8. magpye

magpye New Member

Name:
    Taz
    I thought that when I saw her too...

Laska is in the UK I notice... I bet people ask her if she's an NI a lot :)
  9. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    :shock:
    Dont you see thats why people dont recognise NI and ask is that a husky you have? :?
  10. dogloverr

dogloverr

Name:
    mark
    jasmini is stunning, but what is there not to love about Laska as a puppy:grin: , looks a slightly darker version of Jasmini.
  11. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Never seen huskys like that
  12. gemma riley

gemma riley New Member

Name:
    Ragapawz
    There are lots of Agouti huskies in the UK, if you go to rallies and shows you will see plenty of them.
    This website is a well known one that many people refer to. All of the colours stated on there can be found in the UK

No colour in the Siberian Husky is rare, any coat colour is acceptable as stated in the breed standard.

Im sorry to dissappoint but there is no mistaken a Siberian Husky for an NI :)
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2009
  13. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison

Yes that is true, although it looks as if Mahlek Thunderstorm carries the gene for the mottled/patchy coat, so this came either from his sire or dam (his sire is Call of the wild and his dam is Mahlek Magenta) and if Mahlek Lady Jane carries the gene for a mottled/patchy coat, although pure white herself. These two NI put together could quite easily have produced the mottled coats in this breeders dogs. The Canadian Eskimo dog came later, and as far as I know is not in Axel's breeding.

Like you said, Chimayo are not breeding NI, so the Chimayo dogs are not the same 'breed' as the NIS dogs being bred now. Axel was not bred by Chimayo, although he is descended from the Chimayo NIS dogs

And back to Axel, he is a fantastic looking dog, and I really do wish that I had the chance to have him, I hope he finds a good home soon.
  14. dsmem3429

dsmem3429

My Inca is a NIS registered NI Inuit..... Chimayo Whispers Haw'aa.

She was bred by the lady now calling her dogs Chimayo Inuits and was 'kicked out' of the NIS for bad breeding practises, as I was told.

The pups up til then were full reg NIS NI and was obviosuly a ful NIS registered NI breeder.

As she was no longer a NIS reg breeder she could not call them NI so made up the Chimayo Inuit dog, which is basically the same dog, however as this was 4 or more years ago there may well be other breeds added now.

I won't talk anymore about a particular breeder on here as it has been done before and she did, I believe, threaten legal action.
  15. Heather and Zak

Heather and Zak New Member

Name:
    heather
    Surely she could have called them NI's if she had wanted. Who would have stopped her? There are many people breeding these types of dogs that are not reg with the NIS, and they call them NI's.
  16. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I am interested to know if any one else has seen dogs, (NIDs), with the markings that this breeder has been producing? I am raking my brain and can seriously say that I have not. That is what makes me wonder if there is something else in there:?:

I guess, because she was adding other dogs in there, she decided to 'rebrand' (for want of a better word) her dogs. I remember she had a rehome that she clearly said was a NID on her website, (I think there was a thread about it on here).

Other than the fact that they are refering to Axel as a NID on that site, is there any thing to support that?
  17. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison

Axel isn't on the Chimayo site. Axel isn't a Chimayo Inuit bred dog. Axel is a Northern Inuit because he has a Northern Inuit Sire and Dam. His breeder was on the TIDA breeders list, don't know if she still is, so it's quite possible Axel has a TIDA pedigree registration.
  18. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    So who was his breeder? Who are his parents?

How do we know he has Northern Inuit Parents, both parents? Basically what I am saying is 'How do we know he is a full NID?' Personally, I know the breed is diverse at times but I have never seen one that looks like him and I am sure that the majority would agree with me.

Don't get me wrong, he looks a lovely dog but absolutely nothing about him would make me say a 'true' NID.
  19. magpye

magpye New Member

Name:
    Taz
    The plot thickens.. I do hope in the middle of all this controversy the poor mite gets his forever home...
  20. MickB

MickB New Member

Name:
    Mick
    He is a very poor example of the Siberian Husky breed though. I would be very surprised if he was a purebred.

Mick
  21. dogloverr

dogloverr

Name:
    mark
    But what is a pur ni or nid?