Update on Bailie and her pup General Chat

Discussion in 'Papillon' started by IceCody, Jan 5, 2015.

1. IceCody

IceCody Member

Name:
    Dagbjört

Update on Bailie and her pup

I would like you all to meet the first Blazing Star puppy

A healthy 90 gr sable female var born by c section at 11 this morning. Both mommy and baby are doing fine :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. pugluva

pugluva Member

Name:
    carol
    She's so tiny and fragile how seet.
    Glad there both doing well.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Congratulations Dagbjört and welcome to the world Blazing Star baby girl! :007: About the same size as my Griffon puppies were but oh how I had forgotten how tiny they really were.

Well done Bailie - now look after and love your new daughter so she grows up as beautiful as you are! :049:
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    She is a nicely marked puppy, Dagbjort. I hope she grows to be all all that you like.
    Is she still going to be a Jackie?
  6. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    She's even smaller then my JRT's were.
    Welcome Blazing Star xxxxx
  7. manydogz

manydogz Member

Name:
    manydogz (Debra)
    She's beautiful. How I love the tiny pups. Same size as a Chihuahua baby. You make me miss my breeding days. Good luck and have fun.
  8. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    Best wishes for mommy and the new pup.
  9. IceCody

IceCody Member

Name:
    Dagbjört
    Well things are off to a rocky start. Bailie refuses to even acknowlege the puppy even when the pup cries. I am feeding her and making her deliver her waste in between trying to get Bailie to at least let her lie with her.
    I am hoping that given a little time Bailie will come around but if she doesn´t I know of a another female that just gave birth that could take the pup in if needed.

On a more positive note the pup has gotten a name: Blazing Star Angel´s Faith :)
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Try not to worry too much Dagbjört - I had that with my first bitch who had needed a c-section for her three tiny pups. The only way she would let them feed was by me sitting on the couch holding her like a baby, and putting the pups onto her teats to feed. She did eventually accept them but it took about two weeks.

As long as you can feed Angel's Faith with a good puppy milk substitute [I used Lactol for any puppies I had to hand-rear after that first litter] and can get her to eliminate, she should be OK until either Bailie accepts her or the other female takes her until she can be weaned.

Good luck with whichever way it goes. (((hugs)))
  11. IceCody

IceCody Member

Name:
    Dagbjört
    Thank you Malka. I took her back to my vet and they gave her a shot of Oxitocin in hope that it will get her mother instinct goin so I am going to see for today.
    Faith is elimanating fine and the vet said she was a spirited little girl so I take that as a good sign.
    If by tonight Bailie is still avoiding her I will probably take her to the fostermother and let her stay there for a few of days and then hand rear her myself after that.
  12. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    IceCody and 6JRT's like this.
    I agree with all that Malka has said, this does sometimes happen with caesarians. The poor bitch goes to sleep in a strange place, and when she comes round, there is this 'thing' demanding attention. Also, it will take a day or so for the anaesthetic to fully wear off. Try to keep her milk flowing with gentle massage, or her breasts may become hard, making her resent the puppy more.
    Best of luck.
  13. IceCody

IceCody Member

Name:
    Dagbjört
    I ended up taking Faith to a fostermom. Bailie still would not even look at her puppy no matter how much Faith cried for her and Faith had lost almost one third of her birthweight so I decided not to take any chances with her.

The fostermom took to Faith right away and washed her and had her nursing in no time so I am very happy I made this decision.

But in all honesty my heart is breaking right now and I keep tearing up.
  14. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka and IceCody like this.
    Sorry this has happened, but you have done your best for both of them.
    I hope everything now goes well for both Bailie and Faith, and you can soon have your puppy back home and watch her grow.
  15. IceCody

IceCody Member

Name:
    Dagbjört
    Malka likes this.
    Yesterday little miss Faith dropped down to 54 grams but today she rose all the way to 64 grams!!!

I am so overjoyed, I cried like a little baby.
  16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's and IceCody like this.
    I am so happy to hear that the foster mum is looking after baby Faith - and that in spite of her weight loss she is now gaining well! (((hugs)))
  17. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    6JRT's, Malka and IceCody like this.
    I'm sure we've all got faith in Faith!
  18. IceCody

IceCody Member

Name:
    Dagbjört
    CaroleC likes this.
    I like that "have faith in Faith"
    Thank you

I am finally really beliving that she will come home soon. In a few weeks when I can take care of her with a bottle.
    I was a little scared to fully belive, I didn´t want to jinx anything but now I am thinking up scenarios with her, me, my son and the other dogs :048:
  19. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Faith, Hope, and Belief.

Have Faith in Faith, Hope for successful fostering, and Belief that she will be home with you when she is strong enough to start weaning.

(((hugs)))
  20. IceCody

IceCody Member

Name:
    Dagbjört
    Unfortunatly Faith left us today.
    Last night she started loosing her spirit and become weak. We took in to the vet and she got saltwater and glucose shots and the vet put milk directily into her stomach.
    We took her back to the foster mom but Faith died shortly after.

Thank you for your support.
  21. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I am so very sorry for you and our little Faith.

My tears are falling and I do not know what to say.

Please excuse me for not trying to support you any more.