Utonagan Discussions

Discussion in 'Utonagan' started by Discussion Thread, May 15, 2004.

1. Zoundz

Zoundz New Member

Name:
    Laura

Firstly - I thought Hal was a crossbred German shepherd? that's what you had said elswhere on the forum - so I don't quite get why you are now calling him a Utonagan.

I saw this post as it was posted originally azz, and they had Sweden as they're location...

VERY odd - as with all things Ute or NI related - take everything from newbies with a pinch of salt the size of your hand, and ignore ALL rumours.

:roll:

xx
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    We'll soon find out :grin:

I do hope this isn't going to start being another N.I/Ute battle. :-(
  4. Zoundz

Zoundz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    I hope so too. Isn't it irritating how so many new members join up purely to post troublemaking posts on UTE/NI threads? :(

xx
  5. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    Well, I love both the N.I and the Utonagan and I'll defend both breeds the same, but, my loyalty is with the Ute, and always will be.

If people want to come on here, purely to cause friction between the owners of these two breeds, they can save thier energy and time and take it elsewhere. :evil:
  6. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    please, no more aggro, I was sorry I ever put my girl's piccies up with their rosettes after the nasty remarks from a few NI's. The majority are like me, normal people who love their dogs and I know this.
    The Ute society is still going strong, there have been changes in the committee, but we are here and the dogs are here!!! The Utonagan Dog Club is still up and that is where you will find the majority of us on the forum with piccies of our dogs
    It would be nice for us all to get together and have a Day together. After all they all came out of the same dogs started by Eddy Harrison in the late 80's, they just went off in different directions that is all. Which often happens when you start a new type of dog off, some want one thing from it, some want another.
  7. wolfbrother

wolfbrother

I agree that it is time this all stopped - the NI people are just as fed up as the rest of you (only I am curious to know why people not connected with either breed and who profess to be equally fed up bother coming on these threads - is it just some kind of sport to wind both sides up?)

Just one point - I helped my friend put the NI records on the database and I would like to correct something you said. Eddie Harrison was NOT the only person involved in starting this type of dog and the majority of NI lines are not connected to Eddie's breeding - the ones that are tend to be more of a Ute/GSD appearance and not to NI breed standard.

Hope this puts everyone straight and trust this thread stays positive.
  8. Zoundz

Zoundz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    In answer to your curiosity :) I really don't feel I need to be 'connected with a breed' in order to take an interest in the goings on within that breed? As it happens I do have a direct interest in the breed And follow closely the goings on. After all - this is a public forum, and everyone is entitled to have an opinion :) hope that clears it up? :)

xx
  9. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    Sounds a great idea :grin:

Please don't stop posting pics of the Norty girls. I enjoy looking at them :grin:
  10. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    Oh thanks that is nice to know. I got a really bad mouthing off from someone who is allegedly high up in the NI fraternity and I was a bit worried about putting any more on.
    They apparently are either Akita or Border Collie:shock:
    The joke of it is though that their paternal grandfather was an NI!!!!
    So I will put some more up of them when I can get them scanned in (too thick for a digital camera I am afraid).
    And thanks again for that, you have made me feel so much better:lol:
  11. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    Tawneywolf, I've had so many arguements over Ute's and N.I's. I've even had people tell me that both breeds are crosses, not pure breeds :shock: Some of the N.I fraternity are just as bad as the closed minded idiots I've come across, and unfortunatly, I will argue the toss.

I wish that some folk will accept the Utonagan as a pure breed, and one that is seperate from the Northern Inuit. The Utes may not have KC recognition yet, but they are still beautiful animals (As is my Keena whose a N.I :smt007 )
  12. leo

leo

Name:
    marie
    i like them both, can't really tell the differences but i'm sure there is some.
    which ever you own i hope no one stops posting about their dogs.
    there is some on here that don't put either down and never will.
  13. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    Thing is Leo, N.I owners and Ute owners on here do get on really well (to my knowledge anyway) and both sides enjoy each others dogs.

I hope it stays that way too.
  14. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    Our dogs started out the same, it is us that have changed them to what they are now, they are progressing in totally different directions now. There is no reason why we shouldn't get on, and to be honest a lot of the trouble is stirred up by just a couple of people who seem to have a vested interest in us all hating each other:shock:
    We should communicate more because some of our dogs are related not too far back and I think it would be interesting for us to get together and pool our informatiuon and BE FRIENDS:lol:
  15. leo

leo

Name:
    marie
    its about time you posted some of luca........
    and your gsd of cause.
    some may never accept them but to me they are dogs and deserve the tlc any dog does.
  16. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    Like Tawney and Luca :grin:

I do agree that all Ute and N.I owners should get together. I think we might all be pleasantly surprised :grin:
  17. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    Couldn't agree more Leo.

I'll have to take some recent pics of them all Leo. At the moment everwhere is upside down. Once I get a moment, I'll take some and post them :grin:
  18. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    we do have some NI people who come onto our breed chat forum, we are very open minded, do not run each other down (except in fun) and no one gets banned for asking questions which need answers. We endeavour to discuss things logically with each other without resorting to bad language or name calling. I enjoy talking to them and looking at their piccies (we have absolute boat loads on our forum, we are piccie mad) and we have a Ute Garden party planned in August, so any NI people in the Ross on Wye area are very welcome I am sure. It would be lovely to have a joint meet and introduce ourselves and our dogs.
  19. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    I'm no where near Ross on Wye so I won't be able to get to the Ute garden party :-(

Look forward to seeing loads of pics though :grin:
  20. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    Well we are piccie mad as you have no doubt realised, so I rather think you will see some:lol:
  21. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    I'd noticed :lol: :lol: :lol: