Utonagan Discussions

Discussion in 'Utonagan' started by Discussion Thread, May 15, 2004.

1. zero

zero New Member

Aww thank you wolfie ;) x
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Kyuss

Kyuss New Member

Name:
    Lee
    I just wanted to say that the Utonagan and Northern Inuit are both stunning breeds and I am a fan of them both.:smt049 :smt049

It would be great if you could all get on and I wish you all the best in becoming recognised by the KC, as you both deserve.:grin:
  4. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    I couldn't agree more Kyuss. I wish people would just enjoy both breeds for what they are, and leave the politics and cr*p out of it.
  5. Luz

Luz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    I think things are calming down again now. It seems to me when somebody opens a debate & discussion thread about the two breeds it starts all over again.
    Its only human nature for those with our dogs (Ute & NI) to defend what is so precious to us.
    Lets enjoy the peace and quiet while it lasts :lol: ;-)
  6. poopie

poopie New Member

Name:
    Mandy
    My hubby, me, our rescue GSD x Rottie, and 2 ute pups are going to the party on the 5th Aug. We were going to go to the wag & bone show but as we have not changed our car yet, thought it'd be mean of us to do a long drive in a small car!
  7. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    I think we should all get together and organise fun days for us all in different places so we can all talk, let our dogs play
    together and enjoy each others company.
  8. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    Sounds like a good idea Tawneywolf :grin:
  9. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    This is the last time I will be posting on this subject, because it's as boring as hell for me, so what it must be for anyone reading it I dread to think!

Hal is not a utonagan, he is not a northern inuit. He is one of the original husky crosses that Eddie Harrison bred. She started in the early 80's crossing huskies, mals and german shepherds to achieve a "wolfey" look. She did NOT use Akitas at all, and Collies only on occasion - one collie called Cap. Hal is 9 in August, he was born in 1997. On his website, my husband has described him as a "utonagan" - note the quote marks, very important. We are not claiming he is an utonagan, but he is closer in type to the utes than he is the ni's, hence he is described on his web site as an "utonagan", like you might say Northern Inuits and Utonagans are very "wolfey".

I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions that people may have that my husband and I have been misleading people to Hal's origins. He is a mongrel, a crossbreed, he is NOT an Utonagan nor a Northern Inuit, and never will be.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2006
  10. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    I for one don't give a flying f*ck what breed Hal is, he's my girls daddy, and that's all that matters to me :grin: :grin:

Luca says 'hi Dad' and a big hello to her baby brothers and sisters :grin: :grin:

Great site btw Gnasher :grin: Hal is gorgeous :smt007 :smt007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2006
  11. Kristina

Kristina New Member

Name:
    Kris
    Hi all,

That Garden Party sounds like fun but i think im rather a logn way from there so wont be able to make it. I definitely like the idea of having fun meet for Utes and NI's in various parts of the country and would definitely definitely be up for attending any near me!

It is sad to see the hostility or arguments on here sometimes but at the end of the day i think people just need to remember that its the individual dogs themselves that are important and that we all love them.

I for one love to look at pics of all dogs not just 'my' breeds. xxxxx
  12. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    I've just noticed where you live Kristina :grin: I was in your neck of the woods on Friday evening. Maybe we can have our own mini garden party :lol:
  13. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    Thanks Wolfie - you have succinctly placed in a nutshell EXACTLY what I have been trying to say!

Now I'll shut up and go away!

Hal is DYING to meet Luca - can't guarantee non-incestuous behaviour though !!

;-) ;-)
  14. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    :lol: :lol: :lol: That'll be fun, Luca has been spayed and the last dog that tried to mount her got chased for miles :lol: :lol: :lol:
  15. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    Hal loves a challenge !! It will be v-e-e-e-ry interesting to see what happens !!
  16. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    :lol: :lol: :lol: I think the two of them will have an absolute blast :grin:
  17. Kristina

Kristina New Member

Name:
    Kris

Hiya!

Yes i just notice you are in the same county as me too LOL. Send me a pm if you fancy getting together to take the dogs out. I would definitely like to know more about the Ute and my two love to make new doggy and human friends :grin:

Maybe we should organise a Kent based garden party lol
  18. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

What have I missed????:shock:. I dunno, I go away for a short while and come back to this! :lol:

Some lovely new pics to gaze at though! :grin:
  19. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    Just the usual Utonagan/Northern Inuit cr*p Linda :-( :-(

One good thing from all of this though is that I've been in contact with Luca's father (His owner that is :lol: ) and the person that helped to bring my girl into this world :grin: I've also found out that Luca is in fact a N.I cross and not a full bred Utonagan.

From something bad there's always something good that comes out of it :grin: :grin:
  20. leo

leo

Name:
    marie
    corrie she is a beaut weather she is a ute ................ni...........or ni cross.
  21. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

I saw your posts Wolfie - great news that you have traced back and agree with Leo - she is still a stunner and very special anyway!