Valley Bulldogs General Chat

Discussion in 'Bull Breeds Forum' started by Kanie, May 22, 2012.

1. Kanie

Kanie New Member

Name:
    Margaret

Valley Bulldogs

I met the most lovely, calm and gentle bitch today! Her owner said she was a Valley Bulldog......I thought she looked like a mix of bulldog and boxer..........which he then said is how they were bred originally!

She was docked very short - which got me thinking: when did the docking ban come in? She looked about 8 or 9 years old (at a guess)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    2007 the ban came in ...
    Valley bulldogs were breed in Canada a long time ago but it seems anyone who breeds a Boxer to Bulldog cross calls it a Valley bulldog ...
  4. Kanie

Kanie New Member

Name:
    Margaret
    :) she looked old enough to have been legally done then!

The gentleman who owned her was lovely too and really proud of her because she had such a nice nature. However, he did tell me how 'rare' the breed is and I did wonder....

Some of the bulldog-based mixes are so stunning and socialble and downright lovely; it was sooo nice seeing one that was loved and appreciated for being such an adorable member of the family and not because of the 'wow' factor!

PS - I did suspect the whole using the name Valley to describe crosses was the case, but they were such a lovely pair (owner and dog) that I couldn't bring myself to say owt!!!
  5. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Why was it docked anyway?? I did not think any of the bulldog "types" should be docked ?