We met a Cane Corso today. Experiences

Discussion in 'Cane Corso' started by Pork1epe1, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Azz likes this.

We met a Cane Corso today.

Just as we were leaving training this morning, a young couple arrived with their two dogs. At first I thought they were both Staffies, until Gabor our trainer pointed out that one was a Cane Corso. Although I know a couple of people who one one, it's a breed I've never seen before. Even though he was only three months old, he was already quite an intimidating little man and I can well imagine, if not correctly trained he could be quite formidable - but then I'm biased because I much prefer more gentle breed!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Not 100% sure but I think they might be one of the 5 banned breeds here in England ?
  4. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    I looked it up when we got home, but couldn't find anything to say it was a banned breed in the UK. Cane Corso are not a banned breed in Hungary. Nor are Dogo Argentina or Presa Canerio. Robbie, Gwylim's breeder has one of each to guard his property but even though they've both been professionally trained they're never allowed off his land.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    The only breeds banned in the UK are :
    • The Pit Bull Terrier
    • The Japanese Tosa
    • The Dogo Argentino
    • The Fila Brasileiro
    And those not allowed to be imported or bred in Israel are:

1. American Staffordshire Bull Terrier (Am staff)
    2. Bull Terrier
    3. Duguay Argentine (Dogo Argentino)
    4. Japanese peafowl (Tosa)
    5. Staffordshire Bull Terrier (Stapp English) (Staffordshire bull terrier) (Staffie)
    6. Pitt Bull Terrier
    7. Brazilian filet (Fila brasileiro)
    8. Rottweiler

And I would just love to have a Staffie...:(
  6. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Thanks guys I wasn't sure if they were or not as they have just added a 5th breed to list that UK already have banned.
  7. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    I wasn't aware of another breed being added to list, when was this and what breed .
  8. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    We had email from government (The Rescue Home did not me) saying that another dog been added to breed list, did give breed but I forgotten what it said it was I know it started with an C
    Anyway email said if anyone brings one in we must inform the governing body & they will come & remove the dog.
  9. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Im sure if this was the case it would have been in media ect: Nothing has been reported anywhere ,no mention by Defra or DDA Watch, so i cant see this to be the case.
  10. Sue Staffy

Sue Staffy New Member

Name:
    Sue
    I haven't heard anything about another breed being added to list ?
  11. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Right dog is an Cago ? Never heard of breed myself
    Its some sort of new "designer" breed (mastiff x fighting dog)
  12. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    Cane Corso's are generally pretty mellow dogs, as long as socialized, and good training, but they do have a certain look that makes you think there all business all the time.
  13. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
  14. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    :017: Odd....I agree I wonder if this is some kind of joke......
  15. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    MY APOLOGIES LADIES & GENTLEMEN, I GOT EMAIL WRONG HOWEVER THERE IS A NEW BREED OF DOG CALLED CAGO

Here is what the email said, "boarder control as intercepted 2 crates of puppies, they are named as "Cago" puppies, {there was lots of boring bits in email but it when on} we have had the puppies tested & their DNA are coming back as Crossbreeds of 2 banned breeds, we are not sure if any other shipment of puppies have managed to get through the ferry ports, so we are asking you if anyone brings in a dog that looks like a Mastiff X pitbull please call us straight away, we will do a simple DNA test & if the dog is not a "Cago" then we will issue with a certificate & you will be free to put the dog up for re-adoption, however if the DNA test proves the dog is a "Cago" then we will be removing the dog. went on with more boring stuff & that "cago" is a mixure of 2 breed dogs that's on the banned dog list - this is where I read on list so naturally thought it had been added sorry for any confusion it caused. I will have to be more careful when reading the emails in future :017:
    it ended with Thank you for your co-operation.

16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Tina - I think that you have been "had" by a spoof email.
  17. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    I agree, someones pulling your leg !!
  18. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Email as come straight from Government to rescue home, its the same email address as the other emails they get from them, along with the crest which is on bottom of all the emails we get from them.
  19. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Tina - nobody is saying that the Rescue Home did not receive an email, just that there is no record anywhere of the Border Control intercepting any "Cago" puppies at any port of entry to the UK.
  20. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Sue Staffy likes this.
    Why not point us to the link where it states this,

Sorry but I cant ge tmy head around the info you have given, DNA testing the pups !! Anything that is a Mastiff X pitbul:017:

Just all sounds idiotic to me, how wide is the mastiff implications, as far as I KNOW Mastiffs are not on any banned list...

They don`t even DNA test the banned dogs they do take in , so why are they DNA testing these pups........

Just because it had an official stamp, does not mean its NOT a scam
  21. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Apart from anything else, if indeed Border Control had intercepted a "new breed" called "Cago", if would have come through to me as a news alert, as I have subscriptions for news alerts about dogs, for possible posting on the Dog News section on Dogsey, or on my thread "Dog stories from around the web", also on Dogsey.

And nothing has come through.