We went to the big store at the Pension this morning. General Chat

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Malka, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Chris B and CaroleC like this.

We went to the big store at the Pension this morning.

As usual, as I used to do with Pereg, Tikki was let out of the car [David's taxi] once parked, leash unclipped, and she followed me into the store. A minute exploring then back to me again. And no, I did not buy her another toy even though she looked at them longingly.

Unfortunately they no longer had the special chews that she has - one every morning when she surfaces and well before her breakfast, so I bought a couple of packs of a different one. Time will tell if she is happy with them. While we were there Eviyatar tried to tempt her with some chews, then he opened a little tin of pate-type food - no thanks she said, so both were put in a small polybag for me to bring home~

Luckily Eviyatar was there and he said that if I ever need to leave Tikva he has a special refrigerator/freezer for dogs they look after who are raw fed, so I have no worry about that. He will also not put her into one of the large, comfortable, kennels, from which dogs are taken out every few hours to wander about their huge, well secure yards, but during the day will keep her in the big store/sales room with him and whoever else is working there at the time, and will take her to bed with him at night in a crate, with her own blankets and sleeping pads. Hopefully that will never happen but it is a load off my mind. I know she would be OK with him but was a bit concerned about raw feeding.

He is going to come in when he is next on the Moshav and I will show him exactly what she has, both morning and evening, supplements and extra vitamins and all. I hope it will never come to it but it is so good to know that should Tikva need to be kenneled, she will be well fed as she is used to, and will be well looked during the day and then at night.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    It is good to have someone knowledgeable that you can trust. My two would either go to our trainer, (short term), or Merry's breeders, (longer term). Like you, I hope it is never needed, but always better to have a plan in place.
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    It is good to have someone knowledgeable that you can trust. My two would either go to our trainer, (short term), or Merry's breeders, (longer term). Like you, I hope it is never needed, but always better to have a plan in place.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I can definitely trust Eviyatar - I have never asked him about his father who owned everything as last time I saw him I think he had had a stroke - so maybe Eviyatar is now in charge of everything?

I know they have/had a maximum of 12 stay-in large kennels but I do not know the situation now. AFAIK it is the wholesale and the store from which anyone can buy, and only dogs who have veterinary proof that they have had all shots can go there. Pereg did spend a couple of days there when I was sick - and used to be picked up for a few hours of day care a few times. Not after The Monster hit her though.

Tik? She was happy enough in the store although she did not want to leave me even to take a treat, but I do know that if it was necessary, Eviyatar would look after her well and feed her as I do.