Weird bumps Questions

Discussion in 'German Shorthaired Pointer' started by Tristan, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Tristan

Tristan New Member

Name:
    Tristan

Weird bumps

06DA6D36-A0E6-49F9-BE16-9AB995239188.jpeg B6C90BBB-10DF-4F2C-937A-942AC1192FA7.jpeg Has anyone ever experienced this with their gsp ? I don’t feel anything but I can see that is skin/fur doesn’t look like it normally does. I just noticed this yesterday it kind of came out of no where. His diet hasn’t been changed at all.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    When you say you cannot feel anything, do you mean that even though the marks look like bumps, when you run your hand over them his coat and skin feel flat and smooth as usual? Because from the pictures they definitely look like raised bumps and I cannot think of any reason why his coat should suddenly look like that if they are not actually bumps.
  4. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    What region of the world do you live in?
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    My guess would be that this is some kind of allergic reaction. My own first aid treatment would be Piriton antihistamine tablets. You can Google the correct dosage for your dog's weight. They are safe to give but don't tell the pharmacist that they are for a dog. In the UK they are not allowed by law to supply anything for animals. If the condition does not resolve within 24 hours, or becomes any worse, contact your vet.