Welsh springer spaniels - Juping up. Training

Discussion in 'Welsh Springer Spaniel' started by ninalou, Feb 24, 2007.

1. matilda

matilda New Member

Name:
    Helen
    Here is a rare picture of half sister Tilly looking winsome rather than her usual naughty face!

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. ninalou

ninalou New Member

Name:
    nina
    Aww she is lovely, looks a bit like dylan too.
  4. matilda

matilda New Member

Name:
    Helen
    Yes in the last picture where he has a mischievous look he reminds me of her. :)
  5. morganstar

morganstar New Member

Name:
    Jacquie
    shes lovely as well Matilda.
    You can see there dad in them all. This is a picture of my three older dogs.
    The little ones the puppies mum and the the one at the other end's dad appears on Dylans pedigree, hes Menstonia Milton of Haslemount.
    [​IMG]
  6. matilda

matilda New Member

Name:
    Helen
    What beautiful faces they have! You are lucky. In an ideal world I would have more Welshies. :grin:
    Tilly's breeder recently had a litter using Menstonia Milton of Haslemount as well. I wish I knew more about the different lines and different 'types' of Welsh Springers - it's fascinating. I did join the breed club and they send a lot of info but I'm still not sure about a lot of it - especially when they mention the 'old type' and the 'more modern type' of Welshies.
    - Helen.
  7. morganstar

morganstar New Member

Name:
    Jacquie
    Which breed club did you join. Do you know theres a club in the north on England. I'm a commitee member we do a news letter a year at the moment but were trying to organise othere activities and were planing a fun day in Derbyshire next year.
    If either of you want to join lety me know I think its £5.00 a year jt membership.
    The older type of welshies tended to be heavier and bigger boned, the type now are more racy. I have one of each at the moment and the youngster (not on the pics) is getting bigger by the day.
  8. matilda

matilda New Member

Name:
    Helen
    I joined the national club - mainly because of the gorgeous colour book you get once a year! Please could you PM me the details of how to join the northern club - thanks.
    Yes I thought the older type were somehow heavier but couldn't see the distinction. Do you have pictures of your two that show the difference or are there any dogs that I might find pictures of online that are obvious examples of each type? Or is it something you need to be there in the flesh to see?
    Sorry to ask so many questions! :)
  9. morganstar

morganstar New Member

Name:
    Jacquie
    We dont have the resources the main club has but we do our best. I'll pm you the email address of the club treasurer.
    Feel free to ask its the only way you learn....I'm going to have a word with my friend who judges and I'll get them to post a link to some photo's
  10. matilda

matilda New Member

Name:
    Helen
    That would be fantastic - thanks very much.