Went to see a Mastiff ended up with a Mastiff cross staff General Chat

Discussion in 'Mastiff' started by jordanio0207, Sep 18, 2010.

1. jordanio0207

jordanio0207 New Member

Name:
    Nicky

Went to see a Mastiff ended up with a Mastiff cross staff

Hi we recently bought a mastiff cross staff pup, we assumed we was going 2 view a full Mastiff but when we saw her she resembled a staff although she has the mask of a Mastiff, we asked if she has staff in her and was told her mother is half staff half mastiff. I was dubious she wasn't as expected but fell in love with her and i have owned a staff before who was a great dog so saw no problem. Does anyone on here own a mastiff cross staff and tell she me how she may turn out 2 look or look at the pic's of her 2 determine if she is what we have been told she is?? We are very much in love with her and she really is a great pup!! Not sure how 2 put photo's on here though any help would be very much appreciated
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Pic's wise ,get a photobucket account if you dont have one already ,upload your pics to that and then copy and paste the image code on here ...
    Ps good luck with the pup...
  4. Vicki6344

Vicki6344

Name:
    Vicki
    With crosses, you really don't know what combination/ratio you are going to get. Your pup sounds just lovely anyway. Hope to see some photos soon :D

[​IMG]
  5. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    That`s a pretty big size difference (between the 2 breeds). So I`d just assume she`s a staffy cross and love her for herself. :grin:
  6. tera

tera New Member

Name:
    t
    A good shot of healthy Staff is probably what every line of pet/show Mastiff needs!!!
  7. jordanio0207

jordanio0207 New Member

Name:
    Nicky
    Thanks for all your replys will upload the photo's shortly.
    Sorry tera i'm not sure what you mean??
  8. Adam P

Adam P

I've met this cross, but just 1/2 ands 1/2. They look a little like boxers but with square not flat faces.

Adam
  9. tera

tera New Member

Name:
    t
    Well the Mastiff has gone downhill big time in the last 50 due to poor breeding practices and people breeding for show standards that are ridiculous. So a bit of Staffy blood (if it's a well bred healthy staff) will give it a bit more breathing/athletic ability and increase the length of life I would Imagine.
  10. jordanio0207

jordanio0207 New Member

Name:
    Nicky
  11. jordanio0207

jordanio0207 New Member

Name:
    Nicky
  12. jordanio0207

jordanio0207 New Member

Name:
    Nicky
    Finally put photo' on, hope they have gone on ok, not really to sure how to use this site:blush:
  13. lozzibear

lozzibear New Member

Name:
    Lauren
    oh she is such a cutie! gorgeous pup :grin:
  14. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    There you go ...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  15. jordanio0207

jordanio0207 New Member

Name:
    Nicky
    Thank very much, how'd you do that lool, could not work it out for love nor money :blush:
  16. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Np .. its the img code that you need .
  17. Nippy

Nippy New Member

Name:
    Jenny
    Aaawww how cute :049:

Hovver over the picture with your mouse and a set of codes come up. Copy and paste the last one (image code)
  18. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Did you see what a Mastiff cross staff looks like full grown yet ??
  19. chaosjoey

chaosjoey New Member

Name:
    Nicola
    What an adorable little girl she is!!! :007:
  20. missy01

missy01 New Member

Name:
    Rachael
    I saw one of these crosses at PAH last night. It was a French Mastiff X so was red but with a big square Staffie face. Owner said he was a year old. Big beautifual dog, stood with his head at the top of my thigh.
  21. hades

hades New Member

Name:
    lexus
    She is a beauty!!!!
    How old is she? She is stunning!

I have an (not mastiff) but American bulldog x staffy, he a superb dog.
    Great with people, kids and other dogs.:grin:
    All the kids where we live love him, hes got his own fan club.
    My little sister often puts lip gloss on him and he sits there and lets her:shock: :lol: , now when my mum puts on lip balm he walks over to her and sits for her to put some one him:shock: :lol:
    Hes a real softy an a clown and still acts like a puppy, although hes a big lump now and is 3 years old. lol
    He has the whole family in stiches because he is such a joker.
    He gets loads of attention from everyone when were out, park, shopping or at the pub, and he loves it.. the little tart! :lol:
    He often gets mistaken for a boxer, and does bounce about like one, he also uses his paws alot like one to! lol
    He is so loyal and loving, he loves to be part of everything and has to be round us all the time to be truely happy.
    Although he is super friendly he is still protective of the house, especially at night.
    He will let people know hes there, and let them know not hang around outside our house.
    He is a fantastic family dog and part of our family, I hope your pup brings as much joy and love into your familys life as bentley does in ours.
    Im sure she will!:023:

Looking forward to seeing your pup grow.:grin: