Went to see a Mastiff ended up with a Mastiff cross staff General Chat

Discussion in 'Mastiff' started by jordanio0207, Sep 18, 2010.

1. jordanio0207

jordanio0207 New Member

Name:
    Nicky
    Hi everyone No i've still not seen this sort of cross:cry:, She doesn't seem 2 be a big dog although I have lots of different opinions this week, she is under the size for a size of a staff pup for 11 weeks :? I know very confusing ay, we've put her on pets at home dry food mixed with some nature diet wet because she was on bakers puppy b4 that and I heard it was rubbish and though she may not be getting what she needs.
    She is a lovely girl, she has took only 4 days to be house trained :-o, she sits on command and waits, she's brilliant on the lead hardly any pulling and she actually walked 1st time which i've always seemed to have problems with, my other dogs seem 2 dig their heels in and refuse 2 move. So I was extremlley pleased I has no problems like that. We put her a kong toy and she seems to really like that, and I am going to start clicker training with her, can't wait!!

Hades ur dog sounds great, I hope Rio is as well loved as she matures, we have had so many comments about her breed some good, some bad :-( We keep being told she will be counted as a pit bull TYPE, we never realised this b4 we got her but she's sooo loved now I couldn't even imagine someone taking her. So for now we won't bring up the type issue and see how things pan out. Thank you for all your lovely comments
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    I cannot see any mastiff in her at all, dont think she will make Lab height and cant see much bone or substance either. Beautiful pup though.
  4. jordanio0207

jordanio0207 New Member

Name:
    Nicky
    I can see mastiff in her ( her ears and mask) although i've heard you get this in staff's as well, not 2 sure how true that is?? but then again I do think most pup's resemble each other at this sort of age, who knows, we love her to bits either way, and if she doesn't get to lab height it will only be a benefit as we won't have people mistaken her for something she's not. Thanks she is a cutie.
  5. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Go to the dogsblog rescue site a couple pages in there is a 2year old bitch called cleo who is this cross ...
  6. jordanio0207

jordanio0207 New Member

Name:
    Nicky
    I can't seem to find cleo, i've checked the one where it says all dogs and also the mastiff cross one. Really can not believe how many lovely dogs looking for homes, someone asked me the other day about Rio I advised them 2 check the recue centres 1st after reading on here how many staff's end up there, we spoke to them 2day and someone is coming to do a home visit for them next week, so hopefully Rio will have a new friend :)
  7. jordanio0207

jordanio0207 New Member

Name:
    Nicky
    AWwwwwwww I found her she is gorgeous, I want her!! My partner said I should go work at battersea:lol: I used to volunteer at RSPCA as a teenager and loved every minute of it. But Cleo really is a lovely dog
  8. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Give me five mins i will link it for you...
  9. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
  10. jordanio0207

jordanio0207 New Member

Name:
    Nicky
    Hi I did find it i replied just before you, she is a darling!!!
  11. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    I know lol ...well you know what to expect ..lol
  12. hades

hades New Member

Name:
    lexus
    Being that she has staffy in her, you'd proberly get those comments anyway.
    I have friends that have pure breed staffs that get comments like that when out on walks, a friend who has a huge classic line american bulldog gets it alot to.
    Even some one I know who owned a ridge back:lol:
    Some people just havent got a clue!!!
    Its just people who are ignorant or dont have a clue that say things like that, any bull breed to them is type or a pit.:roll:
    When in reality they are not at all.
    She is a beautiful pup, I can defo see staffy in her.
    Would like to see some more pics to see if I can see any mastiff and just because she is so dam cute!:lol:

My boy always gets taken for a boxer all the time, when he is actually a scotts american bulldog x staffy.
    He does have a boxerish look about him though, but I suppose that is the bulldog in him:)
  13. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Where my white boxers are always getting mistaken for am bulldogs .lol
  14. hades

hades New Member

Name:
    lexus
    Heres a few pics I have found for you online of mastiff or bullmastiff x staffy, so you can get an idea of what your pup may turn out like.

bullmastiff x staffy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Older mastiff x staff
    [​IMG]

young mastiff x staffy
    [​IMG]

Hope this helps
  15. jordanio0207

jordanio0207 New Member

Name:
    Nicky
    Ahh I wish i'd seen them, they have been deleted. Thank you anyway though
  16. missy01

missy01 New Member

Name:
    Rachael
    here is mastiff x staffy, she is gorgeous looking and i hope she finds a home soon

http://www.dogsblog.com/cleo-16/

she seems more Staffy size so maybe similar to your pup?
  17. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Did you read page 3 of this thread ..lol
  18. missy01

missy01 New Member

Name:
    Rachael
    whoops, have now... doh!
  19. jordanio0207

jordanio0207 New Member

Name:
    Nicky
    I hope she finds a home soon to, i'm gonna mention to people as I have had alot of people enquire about Rio and mention that site. If i never had Rio and Toby and 3 cat's and 3 kids I would of loved to have had her.